Kenyan KickStart NGO Accountant Job Vacancies
Accounting Job Reference Number: KSI/TZ/ACT-01-11
The organization is recruiting A Tanzanian national for a qualified, enthusiastic Tanzanian Country Accountant. This person will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania and will report to the Country Director.
The Country Accountant is responsible for running and continually improving the organization’s Financial and Accounting needs in Tanzania. The Country Accountant shall be the Certifying Officer on all matters relating to Finance & Accounting and is also responsible for managing project funds accounting.
* Responsible for financial accounting, analysis and reporting,
* Assist the Country Director and functional heads in the annual budget preparation,
* Budget monitoring and reporting, following up on the budget versus actual variance analysis,
* Prepare financial reports and schedules for the internal and annual audits,
* Manage and build capacities of the finance department staff through training and mentorship,
* Perform or cause to be performed monthly reconciliations of Sub Ledgers to the General Ledger – Bank, debtor, staff, creditor, intercompany, fixed assets, inventory and cash flow projections,
* Accurately maintain the Fixed Asset Register and perform monthly fixed asset reconciliations to the General Ledger by generating schedules of plant, property and equipment movement every month against the General Ledger,
* Generate the periodic reports and analysis of the Balance Sheet, Income Statement, cash flow Statements,
* Periodically examine restricted funds financial reports to ensure their accuracy and compliance of their contents against financial performance, physical progress indicators and compliance with the restricted grant agreements,
* Maintain all financial files and records safely, securely and accurately,
* Evaluate and examine internal controls, policies, procedures and systems put in place to ensure these are operating optimally to protect the assets of the organization, integrity of financial information and the efficient and effective use of resources at the office,
* Maintain a working relationship with external auditors, manage the annual audit process and develop action plans on annual audit findings and response to management letter issues,
* Regularly review transactions to ensure they are coded to their correct account codes and cost centers and follow laid down workflows as specified in the ERP.
Skills and competencies
* Minimum qualifications should include Bachelor of Commerce degree (Accounting Option)
* Must be a Certified Public Accountant
* At least 5 years post qualification experience in an accounting/finance environment.
* Meticulous and attentive to details with strong analytical skills able to discern financial information
* Must have in depth understanding of accounting systems and principles
* Hands on and self driven strategic thinker who is creative and innovative
* Strong computer skills – MS Office and accounting software
* Capable planner, manager and team, player with good leadership and managerial skills able to communicate effectively and work both vertically and horizontally in a cross functional environment.
* Fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
KickStart seeks and retains the best talent to promote sustainable economic growth and employment creation in developing countries.
Our commitment to our employees and our mission is strong.
If you are ready for a new career adventure, in the fast paced world of global non-profit social enterprise; then let KickStart kick-start your career.
How to apply
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
KickStart applies an open and competitive recruitment process.
Candidates for this position are taken through a written aptitude test that evaluates certain numeric and reasoning skills of a candidate before undergoing an interactive interview session about the candidate’s knowledge, skills and ability on the job.
If you believe you have what it takes to handle this challenging position, kindly email your one page Application letter together with your detailed CV, clearly indicating the position applied for in the subject line of your email to [email protected] by 22 December 2011.
Please indicate the job reference Country Accountant: KSI/TZ/ACT-01-11 as your email subject.
For more information about KickStart International and a full job description of this role visit our site at www.kickstart.org. We regret that only Short listed candidates will be contacted.
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply
Please note that application deadline is subject to hiring a suitable candidate.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
61 total views, 1 today