Kenyan Hot Jobs 2011: UNDP Kenya Protocol Assistant Recruitment
The Protocol Assistant will act as liaison between UNDP and the Kenya Government Departments, namely, Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Immigration Department, Kenya Revenue Authority and the Registrar of Motor Vehicles, handling documents and issues related to immigration, duty-free and tax provisions of the Host Country Agreement for UNDP, as well as its eligible staff.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, Protocol Assistant shall
- build and sustain cordial relationships with key officials in Government departments involved with the execution of immigration formalities, duty-free and tax exemption privileges according to the Host Country Agreement between UNDP and the Government of Kenya;
- provide regular briefs to CO Operations teams on immigration formalities, duty free and tax exemption privileges and ensures that the information is continuously updated to guide staff in completing relevant host country forms governing various privileges and exemptions;
- monitor status of documents submitted to government authorities to ensure efficient and timely provision services;
- maintain and ensure accuracy of the data stored in the electronic database and update the filing system, containing relevant information relating to staff/dependants, their entitlements and vehicles and ensure quick retrieval of required information;
- track the expiry dates of documents in conjunction with Operations teams so as to remind the relevant staff member to initiate action for renewal of the same in good time.
- Completion of secondary school education;
- specialized certification in administration, protocol, logistics, diplomacy or related field.
- University Degree in business administration or related field would be desirable, but is not a requirement.
- At least 5 years of general administrative experience at national or international level.
- Ability to work with computer and office software packages (MS Office, internet, etc).
- Experience working with web based management systems is essential.
- Knowledge of UN and GOK protocol, immigration, customs and excise processes and procedures.
- Knowledge of government policies, working methods and practices.
Interested and qualified persons should apply using the UNDP Kenya e-Recruitment portal located at www.ke.undp.org on or before 27 June 2011.
Select “UNDP vacancies” and click on ‘erecruit.echo-systems.net’.
Applicants are required to fill and sign a Personal History Form (P11) Form and submit it together with their online application.
Applications received via other means will not be accepted.
- Applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
- UNDP will only be able to respond to those applications in which there is further interest.
- Preference will be given to equally qualified women.
- UNDP as a matter of practice does not charge any application, processing or training fee at any stage of the recruitment. If you have any questions as to vacancy announcements you have received, please refer to the UNDP Kenya website.
- immigration office kenya internship / job oppotunities 2012
- un jobs in kenya april 2012
- www ke undp org/erecruitment portal personal history form
138 total views, 2 today