Kenya Scholarships: Africa Nursing Scholarship 2012
Africa Nursing Scholarship; The African Palliative Care Association (APCA) in partnership with FHSSA (previously the Foundation for Hospices in Sub Saharan Africa) provides a limited number of scholarships each year for Palliative Care Training opportunities for nurses.
The Scholarship fund was established by a generous anonymous donation in honour of Kath Defilippi, the founding Board Chair of the African Palliative Care Association to recognise her many career achievements as a nurse in hospice and palliative care in Africa.
Scholarships are awarded up to a maximum of US$ 4,000 through a competitive application process once a year.
APCA and FHSSA give priority to requests of Registered and Enrolled nurses to pursue formal palliative care training in Africa.
They are also willing to potentially consider one scholarship for a distance Learning Masters programme, when necessary for the career objective of the student (i.e. Registered or Enrolled Nurse) and in line with palliative care development in Africa.
Application requests will also be considered for travel for palliative care conferences judged to be of interest to the development of palliative care in Africa.
Africa Nursing Scholarship: What the Scholarship fund will Support
The Scholarship fund will support: A contribution of up to US$4,000 per person for palliative care education and training at recognised institutions in Africa for Enrolled and Registered Nurses.
Training programmes which the Scholarship supports include:
- Bachelor of Science in Palliative Care (Degree)
- Distance Learning Diploma in Palliative Care
- Palliative care initiators course
- Nurse prescribers’ trainingAdditionally, the fund will make available sponsorship of a maximum of US$500 per person for approximately 5 nurses to attend and make a presentation to targeted national and international conferences on palliative care with an objective of improving their presentation skills and giving them an opportunity to interact with other Palliative Care providers.
A contribution of up to USD $4,000 to one distance learning Masters training in palliative care may be considered in the year.
Note: this list is not exhaustive and is presented as an indication of what the fund will cover. Other appropriate training opportunities within Africa for nurses related to palliative care may also be considered for funding.
Africa Nursing Scholarships & Grants: Application Criteria
- nursing jobs in africa in july 2012
- nursing scholarships in kenya
- government of kenya scholarship in nursing in kenya
- nursing scholarships for kenya
- nursing scholarships kenya
- pallaive care education needed Kenya
- pallative care master scolaarship for africa
- scholarship vacancies in kenya
- scholarships for kenyan nurses
- scholarships in kenyan local universities 2012 masters
- nursing scholarships for in kenya
- NURSING SCHOLARSHIP IN KENYA
- nursing scholarship in Africa
- KENYAN NURSE IN UK 2012
- kenyan nurses schorlarship
- Nairobi university nursing scholarships
- nurses job vacancy in kenya 2012 april-may
- Nurses jobs in kenya for may 2012
- nursing job vacancies in kenya 2012 july
- nursing jobs for kenyan trained nurses
- nursing jobs in kenya africa
- schollarships for nurses from kenya and africa
73 total views, 2 today