Kenya IOM NGO Job Vacancies 2011: Inventory And Logistics Clerk
Logistics jobs Kenya.
Vacancy No: IOM/060/11
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Classification: Grade G3/O1
Under the overall supervision of the Resources management officer and the direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Officer in Nairobi, and in close coordination with the COS Unit in Nairobi, the incumbent will perform routine administrative functions in the area of Inventory, logistics and common services.
* Responsible for collecting data for consignments and cargo shipments for the office e.g. brand, model, serial number.
* Ensure that the new purchased items been entered into the inventory database and assigned respective coding keys.
* Conduct first review of vendor invoices to ensure compliance with order and goods received.
* Ensure appropriate records regarding assets disposal; ensure assets are located accordingly and used in IOM’s best interest.
* Carry out the Assets Inventory records update and management for the mission; Nairobi along with the other sub-offices in Kenya.
* Administrative support for all Procurement and Logistics related issues; like assisting in preparing the paper works and tracking signatures from signatories.
* Conduct and following up the office needs stock in Nairobi Office, distribution and replenish whenever needed.
* Archiving system update and management with proper labels.
* Database system update and management.
* Any other duties within the incumbent’s capabilities that might be assigned by the Logistics / Procurement Officer.
* Diploma in Purchasing and Supplies, Logistics or Business Administration.
* Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position of a busy logistics unit.
* Experience on VAT exemptions procedures and Knowledge on Government requirements on duty exemptions.
* Demonstrated ability to maintain integrity in performing responsibilities assigned.
* Very strong computer skills especially in Ms Office especially Excel, Word, Access and Outlook.
* Ability to pay close attention to details, take initiative and work with minimal supervision
* IOM functional competencies required: effective communicator, successful negotiator, creative analytical thinker, active learner, strong team player and cross cultural facilitator.
* Excellent command in written and spoken English and Kiswahili.
Submit cover letter and CV including daytime telephone and email contact to:
International Organization for Migration (IOM),
P.O. Box 55040—00200,
OR send via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 08 July 2011
- I O M NGO KENYA
- IOM Job Vacancies in Kenya
- IOM Nairobi Vacancies
- iom nursing vacancies nairobi kenya
- accounting jobs in nairobi area as at 13th dece2012
- Current IOM Jobs for nurses in kenya
- current nurses jobs iom kenya
- kenya IOM nursing jobs 2012
- ngo jobs in kenya logistic
64 total views, 1 today