Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd: Market Risk Analyst
Exciting Positions at Kenya Commercial Bank Ltd
KCB, renowned for its diversity and growth in the region is currently looking to strengthening its business development team with the aim of responding to growing client needs in order to enhance client relationships and increase shareholder value.
To this end the following challenging positions have arisen and candidates with the requisite competencies and qualifications described below are hereby encouraged to apply.
Market Risk Analyst
Job Ref No RISK01/2010
Reporting to the Head Market Risk, the Market Risk Analyst will be responsible for ensuring that market risks are effectively measured, monitored, allocated, controlled and reported as well as providing support for maintenance of the risk management system for KCB and its subsidiaries.
The major responsibilities of this position will be:?
- Implementation of a Middle Office / Market Risk System for the KCB Group.
- The establishment of Entity VaR, business unit VaR’s and associated trading limits and triggers thereby ensuring these are appropriately calibrated to capital allocations and budgeted P&L. Authorization of headroom allocations and motivation for increased limits on basis of risk?reward relationship.
- Daily risk reporting, analysis and commentary including weekly review of backtesting failures. This includes VaR measurement, VaR proxy decisions, collating of historic data, discussion of risk positions and changes with traders, monitoring, reporting and reviewing of established limits , design and implementation of appropriate market risk reports, ALCO reports, economic capital reporting etc.
- Ensuring the accuracy of the mark?to?market pricing models and liaison with market risk methods for assistance on quantitative matters.
- Support the development of a Group market risk framework and policy to include the above, models, limits, stress testing and scenario analysis
- Profit & loss attribution analysis, provision reporting, price verification and liaison with finance on reconciliation of reported results.
- Review and research of economic indicators and discussion of positioning ahead of possible market moves to maximize / minimize risk?reward.
- Implementation of Basle II and liaison with CBK
In order to be considered for the above position all applicants should have:?
- Minimum of an upper second class first degree from a recognized university preferably in a financial engineering, actuarial science or mathematical discipline
- Professional qualifications i.e. CFA, CPA, ACA, ACI, PRM or already enrolled to attain one of the above qualifications
- At least 3 years experience in banking or in a financial institution, with at least two years exposure to market risk or the treasury function.
- Exposure to valuation of financial instruments and IAS39
- Ability to multi task, network and to be able to communicate with people at different levels
- Be focused on delivery and results within deadlines
- Proven analytical skills and ability to analyze & evaluate financial reports
- Ability to co?ordinate tasks and people and to be able to work individually or to work in a team and provide on the job training when necessary
- Understand the products traded in a treasury/derivative environment and the treasury processes (front office, middle office, back office, risk)
- Good knowledge of office automation skills (VBA) and the Microsoft office suite
The above positions are demanding roles which we will provide a competitive package for the right candidates.
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e?mail and telephone contacts quoting the respective job title or Job ref no in the subject field to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be considered your application must be received by 29th January 2010.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
37 total views, 1 today