Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) Latest Kenyan Jobs 2011
Expenditure And Payroll Accountant at Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) in Nairobi – Kenya Jobs, Careers and Vacancies
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority (KCAA) is a State Corporation under the Ministry of Transport. Our Mission is “to develop, regulate and Manage a Safe, efficient and effective Civil Aviation System in Kenya” with a Vision “to be a Model of Excellence in Civil Aviation”. The Authority is seeking to recruit qualified Kenyan citizens to fill the following positions:
EXPENDITURE AND PAYROLL ACCOUNTANT
(REF: NO. FD/05/11)
Reports To: Chief Financial Accountant
To design and implement an effective accounts payable system and an internal control system for payments and summarization at KCAAHQS and maintain a proper and complete records of expenditures
Scope of work/Duties/Responsibilities
- Receive and consolidate expenditure returns from stations
- Receive, stamp, verify and post all invoices received from suppliers in the creditors ledger.
- Supervise the payment process to ensure that payment is done against goods and services rendered.
- Maintain payables control accounts and reconcile them to General ledger records on monthly basis and investigate any variances arising out of these reconciliations and adjust accordingly.
- Respond to supplier and management queries on matters relating to expenditure/payables.
- Check and authorize all payments vouchers as per approved levels of authorization.
- Sign to KCAA Bank Accounts;
- Receive, apply and maintain safe custody of all Government circulars, policies, regulations governing public sector expenditures
- Prepare payment and remit weekly/Monthly relevant KRA taxes as applicable to KCAA;
- Ensure all expenses are charged to the correct expenditure votes as per the approved Budget;
- Oversee the posting and update of the Vote Book duty;
- Maintain accounting and internal control procedures for payroll, manage all payroll accounting operations;
- Maintain all records of; contributions and taxes related to the payroll;
- Review, processes and verify all payroll records for all KCAA staff;
- Process all payroll recoveries;
- Prepare monthly reports related to the payroll;
- Manage and clear monthly salary suspense account if any and give recommendations on the management of payroll risks;
- Carry out any other duties within his/her competence as assigned.
- A Bachelors Degree in Commerce (Accounting) or in relevant area like Economics and Business Administration
- A professional qualification CPA (K) /ACCA;
- At least four (4) years experience in a responsible position in an accounting environment and demonstrate an excellent grasp of issues that underpin financial accounting
Knowledge and Skills
- Computer literate and practical knowledge of accounting information systems
- Good understanding of KCAA’s operations across different business units
- Detailed oriented and accurate
- Communication skills to deal with auditors, suppliers etc
Interested candidates are requested to send: Application letter quoting Job Reference No. on both envelope and application letter, copies of certificates, testimonials and detailed CV indicating current salary and expected salary (except for graduate trainees), day time telephone and full contact details of three professional referees to the address below to be received not later than 22nd September 2011.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
The Director General
Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
KAA COMPLEX BUILDING – JKIA
P.O Box 30163 – 00100
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
- KCAA JOBS
- Kenya Civil Aviation Authority
- www kcaa go ke
- infama kenya
- kcaa kenya
- www infamakenya com
- kenya civil aviation
- www kcaa go ke/careers
- www kenyacivil authority
- www tradewinds aviation vacancies
- tradewinds aviation limited-job vacancies/kenya
- Tradewinds Aviation jobs vacancy kenya
- kenyan cicil aviation authority - contacts
- kenya civil aviation mails
- avation jobs in kenya
- KENYA AVIATION JOBS
- KCAA JOBS 2012
- kcaa job vacancies in 2012
- current vacancies with the civil aviation authority in uganda for 2012
- current internship at kenya civil aviation authority
- www tradewinds kenya vacancies
58 total views, 1 today