Junior Legal Officers Vacancies in Kenya
About Bridge International Academies
Bridge International Academies is a for-profit startup company revolutionizing education across Africa with a unique business model. The company runs a large-scale network of low-cost primary schools in Kenya that significantly outperforms other primary schools in the same areas because of our “school in a box” systems.
Our schools profitably deliver this high-quality education for less than $4 per child per month, which enable the schools to cover all their costs and create a profitable central organization at scale.
We have launched 37 schools in Kenya, we will double in size in the next 6 months, and plan to rapidly scale the company to serve more than 1 million students across the continent.
About this position
We have and are continuing to develop one of the most sophisticated approaches to providing affordable education to MILLIONS of children in one of the most challenging environments in the world.
This position within the finance and administration environment, will report to the Senior Legal Officer and be responsible for offering professional and timely legal support in the across the company.
Key Areas of Responsibilities:
- Support the development of the company’s legal structures and systems
- Developing and implementing action plans in consultations with department heads and the Senior legal officer
- Attending court to file litigation documents and represent the company as may be required from time to time
- Handling correspondences on legal aspects and recommending appropriate legal actions
- Participate in drawing and vetting staff and commercial contracts, leases and other legal instruments while working closely with the lands department legal support team
- Train a team of paralegals and public interfacing staff in basic legal procedures and incident reporting.
- Ensure proper records regarding custody and proper management of company instruments such as land titles, seals, stamps, securities and records
- Accompany staff on field activities where disputes and conflicts occur to guide discussions and collate all pertinent information to be used for decisions and actions.
- Support investigations and maintain active liaison with security agencies to conclude investigations
- Insurance claims support
- Document legal activities and maintain an up-to-date legal actions and issues database for quick reference and guide to management and staff
- Other legal and related tasks as may be assigned from time to time
- LLB degree from a recognized institution
- Diploma in Law from the Kenya School of Law
- Hold a valid practicing certificate or in the process of acquiring one
- Possession of company secretarial skills and exposure to resolution of labour issues and informal community issues will be valuable
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position in middle level management within a corporate or large institution or a busy and well established legal practice
- Qualified or well exposed arbitrator with proven negotiation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word and Excel required)
- Strong ability to lead and develop a team of paralegals
- Must have strong knowledge of customer relations/satisfaction as they relate to legal and commercial concepts
- Works well in an environment with firm deadlines; results oriented
- Perform multiple tasks effectively
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical skills required
- Capable of making timely, independent decisions while consulting as appropriate
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communications skill
- Confident, courageous and persuasive in court and during negotiations
- Provides weekly and monthly reports and goes over with department heads and CEO
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all matters
- Opens and closes all legal files
- Responsible for overall coordination of legal issues
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Possess advanced skills in customer service and provides effective solutions
- Ability to work long hours including weekends
- Passionate about children and education in Africa
- Must be well organized , detail-oriented and personable with a professional demeanor
- Excellent communication skill necessary to interact with other attorneys/lawyers and clients by both telephone and written correspondence
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website at www.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
35 total views, 1 today