Jobskenya: Accounts & Administration Assistant Kenyan Jobs
Position: Accounts & Administration Assistant – Hospitality Industry
Reports to: Finance and Administration Manager
Based at: Nairobi, Kenya
We are a network of responsible tourism destinations operating internationally and locally. In Kenya the company, has its mainoffices in Nairobi but operates a number of tourism facilities in the Masai Mara.
This employee is responsible for accounting and support services under the general supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager to whom this position reports.
The accounts and administration assistant will be responsible for the day-to-day activities in the finance department, whose docket also includes administration activities.
Scope and facilities indicators:
The nature of the position requires an experienced and hard working person with the willingness and ability to learn grow in line with the company’s expectations.
Liaise with other departments
* Camp Facilities
* Sales & Marketing
* Bookings & Reservations
* CEO office
* Possibly suppliers /creditors
Key responsibilities, Accountabilities and Abilities
* Be responsible for daily accounting and administrative activities
* Assist in developing and maintaining a chart of accounts
* Receive, compile and post accounting vouchers and invoices in the system
* Payroll administration, preparation and submission of statutory returns
* Perform monthly reconciliations of bank accounts, customer accounts and supplier accounts.
* Assist in developing a detailed fixed assets register, asset tagging and maintaining an updated register.
* Monitor stocks and reconcile movements
* Maintain and monitor petty cash
* Maintain personnel files.
* Other duties as assigned by the Finance & Administration Manager on a day to day basis
* Self-driven, results-oriented,
* must have excellent communication skills, (including report writing),
* strong software knowledge and experience, and be detail – oriented.
* Must have strong analytical skills and be able to get on with others and a team player.
* A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance and be able to work under pressure and on tight deadlines.
Personal Situation: Able to work extended hours on occasions when required.
Specific Job Skills:
* Full CPA qualification from a recognized institution is required in this position, preferably a Bachelor’s degree in either accounting or finance and at least 2 years relevant work experience.
* The candidate should be familiar with all financial accounting procedures.
* Knowledge of personnel policies and procedures would be an added benefit.
* Have strong computer usage experience and hands on experience with Pastel, including daily postings.
* Willing and ready to learn new systems.
To apply for this position send your application letter and CV to:
47 total views, 1 today