Full-Time YWCA Recruits Chief Accountant In Nairobi
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Reporting: National General Secretary (CEO)
Purpose of the Job:Responsible for organizations Financial management and Strategic direction on Financial matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring the day to-day running of the Accounting departments.
- Ensures that the policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Ensure Insurance for all the organization assets.
- Cash flow analysis and management.
- Ensure compliance with statutory deductions and payments are made to relevant authorities within deadlines.
- Compiling and analyzing financial information to prepare financial statements including monthly, quarterly, midyear and annual accounts.
- Coordinate the preparation of Annual Budget for the Association.
- Assist in identifying investment opportunities for the Association
- Ensure donor reports are timely and accurate, Ensuring effective utilization of approved donor funds
- Ensure that all financial records are well maintained
- Signatory to the Bank Accounts.
- Supervision of staff in the department.
- Shall be responsible for Organizing for the Finance Committee and Finance Meetings as per schedule
- Oversee the implementation of the accounting software.
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree ( Finance Option / Accounting/ Business Administration ) with CPA III or other equivalent qualification; MBA an added advantage
- At least4 years relevant working experience in a senior management position; experience with NGO implementing Community development programmes and Operating income generating facilities an added an advantage
- Committed Christian 30 years and above
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge of word processing, spread sheets and accounting packages preferably pastel
- Very good interpersonal skills
- Self motivated, honest, reliable, innovative with business acumen
- Excellent communication, planning and organizational skills
- Good report writing and analytical skills
- Able to develop unit budgets and maintain control measures for efficiency
- 2 year renewable contract as per YWCA scheme of service.
- Probation period for the first 3 months.
Applications should include the following:
- Letter of Application
- Current CV, with names and contact information (telephone and e-mail address)
- Attach three reference letters (including one from current or most recent employer/supervisor)
- Copies of Certificates or transcripts
Young women Christian Association,
P.O. Box 40710 00-100,
or e-mail to [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
YWCA Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process including, application, interview meeting and processing of offer letter.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
280 total views, 1 today