Full-Time Wash Officer Job Vacancy At UNICEF Somalia
Title: WASH Officer
Category and Grade Level: National Officer – NOA
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
Length Of Contract: One year
Organization Unit: Programme
Duty Station: Baidoa
If you are qualified Somali National looking for a chance to make a real difference in the lives of vulnerable Somali children while gaining opportunities for career growth, you are invited to apply for the above post of WASH Officer with UNICEF Somalia.
If successful, you’ll be part of a dynamic and passionate team in Somalia and Nairobi that works together to improve the health, nutrition, water, sanitation, hygiene, and basic education of Somali girls and boys and protect them from violence, exploitation and abuse.
The successful candidate will be offered a Fixed Term Appointment for one year. Further extensions will be based on organizational needs, availability of funds and satisfactory performance.
Purpose of the Post
Under the general supervision of the WASH Specialist, contribute to programme design and implementation, evaluation of programme/project activities, data analysis and progress reporting.
Major duties and responsibilities:
• Collect and analyze data for the Situation Analysis, programme/project planning, management, monitoring and evaluation purposes. Analyzes programme implementation reports and evaluates in relation to established programme recommendations and plans of action. Reports the outcome of analyses and proposes corrective actions.
• Undertake visits to UNICEF project sites, assesses local conditions and resources, and monitors UNICEF inputs. Carry out supervision and certification of WASH projects. Communicate with local counterpart authorities on project feasibility and effectiveness, including the flow of supply and non-supply assistance.
• Undertake follow-up actions on programme implementation activities and prepare reports. Draft changes in the programme workplans, as required. Provide technical assistance in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of WASH projects. Evaluate and analyse financial and supply reports to ensure appropriateness of documentation, expenditures are within allotments. Report to Supervisor outcome of review.
• Attend technical cooperation meetings, prepare notes and undertake follow-up actions related to programme implementation.
• Select and compile training and orientation materials for those involved in programme implementation.
• Assist in the preparation of the country programme recommendations by drafting CPSS, PSS and other relevant documentation, ensuring adherence to established rules and regulations. Maintain a computerized programme system, and submits necessary reports
• Evaluate and analyze financial and supply reports to ensure that expenditures are within allotments and data is consistent with PROMS/PIDB. Reports to the supervisor and/or head of the office, detailing the outcome of reviews
• Draft relevant sections of reports (required for donors, management, annual reports, etc.)
• Provide technical assistance in planning and implementation of the hygiene and sanitation and WASH in schools component of the WASH programme.
• Assist in developing of appropriate messages and hygiene promotional materials to promote key aspects of hygiene behavior in consultation with implementing partners, relevant government ministries and local authority.
• Assist in identification and selection of technical supplies and equipment.
Qualifications, Experience and Attributes
• University Degree in technical field / Water supply or related field.
• Five (5) years progressively responsible experience one of which should be in WASH programme design, administration, monitoring and evaluation in related field.
• Good knowledge of computer management and applications
• Fluency in English and Somali language (written and oral) is required.
• Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work.
Ability to communicate with tact.
Ability to formulate strategies and concepts.
Ability to work independently and accurately; and
Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
i) Core Competencies (Required)
• Working with People
• Drive for Results
ii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts
• Applying Technical Expertise
• Learning and Researching
• Planning and Organizing
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications with updated UN Personal History Form (P.11), updated CV, copies of academic certificates to the email address below.
UN staff are requested to provide at least two Performance Evaluation Reports (PERs). Please quote the vacancy number and post title in the subject line of your application.
Applications submitted without a duly completed and signed Personal History Form (P11) will not be considered. Email to: [email protected]
QUALIFIED FEMALE CANDIDATES AND PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ARE ESPECIALLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organisation.
More vacancy announcements are posted on UNICEF Somalia websitehttp://www.unicef.org/somalia/index.html
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
208 total views, 1 today