1 Feb 2013
Full-Time Warehouse Manager Needed in Kenya
Job Title:Warehouse Manager
Job Purpose:Provides materials, equipment, and supplies by directing receiving, warehousing, and distribution services; supervising staff.
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains warehouse staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees.
- Maintains warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- liaising with customers, suppliers and transport companies;
- planning and monitoring the storage, delivery and dispatch of orders;
- overseeing stock control and processing orders;
- producing regular reports and statistics on a daily, weekly and monthly basis;
Skills/Qualifications: Supervision, Developing Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes, Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analyzing Information ,
- Proven analytical and warehouse management skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage large groups of people.
- Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Logistics or related field
- CIPS Qualification
- 5-9 Years work experience in Dairy industry with supervisory experience is required
- Three – five years warehouse leadership experience in Receiving, Inventory Control or Shipping
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org before end of day 05 February 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
116 total views, 1 today