8 Aug 2013
Full-Time VSF Belgium Recruits Grants & Compliance Officer in Nairobi, Kenya
VSF Belgium is a recognized developmental International NGO founded in 1995 working with disadvantaged communities to increase their standards of living, improve food security and livelihood sustainability through improved animal health and animal production.
In East Africa, our programmes focus on community based animal health services, capacity building of local institutions and governments, conflict mitigation and sustainable natural resource management
Position Title: Grants & Compliance Officer
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year, renewable
- Responsible for designing grants/ contract database to manage all budgeting, reporting and compliance functions of VSF Belgium.
- Lead in the grant budgeting process, configure report templates, ensure personnel and implementation costs are appropriately budgeted.
- Periodically review VSFB Financial reports for accuracy
- Participate in capacity building of budget holders and partners in donor compliance and contract management.
- Responsible for conducting internal audits of grants processes and protocols and advise Budget Holders and Management on compliance levels in the field offices.
- Ensure that all grants are audited as per donor rules and regulations.
- Keep management briefed on status of internal audits and on pending actionable issues.
- Capitalize knowledge and share it within VSF-B.
Essential or Minimum Requirements
- University degree in Bachelor of Commerce – Accounting / Finance Option
- Relevant accounting qualifications i.e. CPA (K) or ACCA equivalent
Knowledge and experience
- At least 3 years experience in a busy office.
- Experience in the use of one or more accounting software packages and accounting in different currencies.
- Knowledge of USAID, EC, ECHO and DFID contracts and grants technical reporting requirements.
- Knowledge and experience with the International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Strong numerical skills and accuracy.
- Strong attention to details.
- Good reporting skills
- Proficiency in Ms Office applications.
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prepare and present issues at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- High integrity and initiative
- Identify with the mission, vision and values of VSF-B
- Display of intercultural sensitivity and respect in dealing with others
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote locations.
Please send your application (reference “Grants and Compliance Officer”), CV and 3 references (one must be your current employer), by e-mail to [email protected] on or before 23rd August 2013
This vacancy is open to male and female candidates.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information about VSF Belgium visit: www.vsf-belgium.org
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
533 total views, 1 today