9 Jan 2013
Full-Time Various Jobs At Safaricom Kenya
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Technical Project Manager
Reporting to the Head of Department, Network Engineering, the role holder is responsible for successful planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure of network engineering projects within time, budget and scope.
The job entails coordinating projects from initiation to completion; using maximum and effective utilization of project management tools, techniques, and experience, creativity, and management skills, to reach the predetermined objectives.
- To deliver completed projects successfully with continuous reporting & presentations to stakeholders to maintain their cooperation & participation ;
- Provide leadership to bring out the best from the team;
- Preparation and maintain essential project documentation;
- Prepare and issue following documents for every project: Project launch, Statement of works, contract, project charter, Risk assessment document, project status report, project closure e.t.c.
- Participate and or chair project meetings, discussions, project site visits, workshops and hearings;
- Participating in tender evaluation process, Negotiating project contracts, Statement of works, Project plan and project design;
- Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field – Telecommunications, Engineering or Information Technology;
- Post graduate Diploma in Project management plus Project Management Certification – PMP / PMI, or Prince 2, or equivalent ;
- At least 4 years in project management with minimum of 2 years in managing telecoms projects;
- Experience in managing multiple projects simultaneously; from start to finish; for at least one year duration; which have impact across a company; impact on customers and impact on the revenue generation capability of the organization;
- Good analytical skills and communication skills;
- Good understanding of financial principles, understands financial ratios, can interpret standard financial statements;
- Good understanding of regulatory framework for mobile operations particularly in the Kenyan environment;
- Good understanding of the Kenyan market, subscriber preferences and subscriber trends.
Senior Transport Planning and Design Engineer
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Transport and IP Engineering, the role holder is responsible for Modeling, Planning, design and optimization of reliable transport systems /networks in support of fixed and mobile backhaul requirements.
- Planning, design and optimization of transport network to support Mobile and fixed backhaul requirements;
- Capacity Management and Forecasting;
- Quality assurance and Initiatives;
- Database managements and process improvements;
- Running of trials and subsequent recommendations for approval.
- Degree in Electrical, Electronics ,Telecommunication Engineering or related field;
- 5 years’ experience with 3 years specialized role in a busy telecommunications environment –Involved in planning design, installations /commissioning and maintenance in the transport field;
- In-depth understanding of fibre infrastructure deployment life cycle;
- Excellent communication and motivational skills in line with the management of a multi skilled team;
- Knowledge in transport/data communication planning design and optimization tools;
- Excellent IP working knowledge with at least CCNA certification;
- Computer literate;
- Analytical skills;
- Attention to details;
- Communication and interpersonal skills;
- Trouble shooting and problem solving skills;
- Project management and business cases development;
- Excellent documentation and reporting skills.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Monday 14th January, 2013.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to [email protected]
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
1202 total views, 1 today