6 Jan 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Payroll Accountant, Kenya
About this position
This is a key role within the finance & admin department. The vision of the department is to be a value adding business supporter providing high quality and timely financial services consistently.
Reporting to the head of finance & administration, the job holder will play a major role in overseeing all payroll services and payroll related statutory compliance in the company.
Working closely with academy operations, HR, Technology and Finance teams, the position holder will foster a close working relationship with department heads and Executive staff members.
The position holder will lead the creation of a systematic approach to payroll data gathering, review and analysis of bi-monthly payroll changes, input of payroll data into Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) payroll module and submission of payroll outputs to the department heads, finance and HR for authorization.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
Payroll: For Academy, Headquarter and Contractor staff
· Understand the business and specific operations that generate payroll data, tracking and reporting payroll inputs and outputs into the Navision system
· Set up clear and well developed payroll data, control and process cycles that will guarantee accuracy, confidentiality, timeliness and audit trails of payroll functions and reports
· Prepare multiple payrolls to strict deadlines assuring accuracy, completeness and timeliness
· Serving as key control review point for all items entering the payroll system and ensure appropriate allocation of payroll costs to departments for analysis and reporting purposes
· Development of tailor made reports and analysis within the Navision payroll module and account schedules and dimensions in line with standard and non routine demands of the finance and non finance team leaders
· Observe and monitor compliance to weekly and monthly payroll cycles and strict deadlines
Statutory compliance and audit support
· Preparation of monthly payroll related statutory returns assuring compliance to all monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, payments and submission deadlines
· Lead the preparation of payroll audit files for compliance, internal and external audits
· Reconcile payroll control accounts on a weekly basis and submission for review by the senior finance and business managers
Development and implementation of Policies, processes, tools and procedures relating to payroll
and statutory compliance
and statutory compliance
· Review existing payroll systems, documentation and procedures and build improved systems to cope with increasing staff levels across the country.
· Build appropriate tools to ensure smooth payroll operations even with high growth of staff and consequent transactions payroll service demand from the business
Monthly reporting, cost analysis and commentaries for staff costs
· Development of reporting tools within Navision and in excel and using these to generate weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual payroll cost and other payroll data reports for use by the business.
· Assist in the budgeting of department staff costs while working closely with HR and department heads
· Preparing monthly and annual commentaries on payroll issues both financial and non financial. This will include combining various metrics to give useful analysis about payroll data and operations
Records management- paper based and in Navision
· Develop effective filing of payroll records for easy retrieval and reference
· Organise weekly reviews of payroll inputs with HR to ensure no delays are occasioned by late submission.
· Correct computations of various benefits is critical
General administration of payroll operations and expatriate visa processing
· Attend to staff queries and reporting needs of payroll services within standard confidentiality limits
· Manage the visa processing activities for expatriate teams and ensure timely renewal and cancellation of visas while working with external resource support to ensure observation of immigration rules and timelines
· Training staff and departments about payroll processes to improve efficiency, controls and timeliness.
· Diploma in Human Resource Management or equivalent and ACCA/ CIMA or CPA qualifications with excellent academic record
· Minimum of 3-5 years work experience in a busy payroll environment with at least 1000 full time employees
· Experience in building robust payroll systems in a large organization with proven skills in handling payroll activities and consistently meeting tight payroll deadlines. Experience in a busy HR environment will be preferred.
· High integrity with natural ability to maintain confidentiality and presence of mind when handling payroll and staff matters
· Good communication and presentation skills and high proficiency with multiple details · Excellent awareness of statutory compliance issues in Kenya and general awareness of labour law and practices
· Ability to plan and manage own workload and coach/mentor team members in order to harmonize work flows and meet tight deadlines
· Excellent hands on MS office suite skills and proficiency with Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) version 2009 will be advantageous. Knowledge of other payroll systems will be a plus.
· Ability to use initiative and creative thinking to anticipate issues and develop common sense and practical solutions
· Proactive and self motivated with excellent communication skills
· Confident and flexible team player with great ability to work closely with non finance team members within a multicultural environment
· A “finisher” with the genuine drive and commitment to produce the highest quality work and to deliver technical expertise at all times
· Possession of a current certificate of good conduct will be required before the person is hired
· Passionate about children and education in Africa.
The closing date to submit applications is Thursday 10th January 2012
In order to be considered for this position all candidates must register and upload their CV’s on our website atwww.bridgeinternationalacademies.com
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
391 total views, 2 today