22 Feb 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Monitoring and Evaluation Officer in Kenya
Job Title :Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Project : WRP Mil-Mil PEPFAR Program
Location : Nairobi
To provide technical support in the design and implementation of all monitoring and evaluation activities for the Kenya Defence Forces (KDF) / WRP PEPFAR program.
- Interact with partners and monitors work plans as needed to manage the data collection and cleaning.
- Ensure that databases are consistently up to date and ready for transfer and/or analyses, and report progress or delays to KDF management as appropriate.
- Oversee the quality and timely completion of assignments of all data management assistants.
- Serve as Point of Contact for all data management assistants on activities and KDF program staff.
- Ensure that data is available to KDF management and key technical personnel.
- Design and implement new operating methods to improve data flow, collection, editing, processing and distribution.
- Support the design and implementation of operational research.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, annual and periodic reports for KDF and/or PEPFAR management.
- Organize and analyze data received and make recommendations as necessary.
- Manage the logistics of all data collection in conjunction with facilities.
- Perform related work as may be assigned in the general support of the PEPFAR program.
Support implementation of M&E activities:
- Implement and monitor (M&E) work plans and budgets and ensure reporting deadlines.
- Build the capacity of facility staff by providing supportive supervision and mentoring to KDF-supported facilities on strategic guidance, standard operating procedures on data management, and quality assurance measures.
- Build the capacity of facilities in use of data for informed decision-making and program planning.
- Oversee data management activities on data processing and report generation; and support the flow of reports for KDF monitoring systems.
- Conduct data quality assessments and continued supportive supervision and provide feedback on data quality issues to all facilities.
- Train and build capacity of M&E staff in effective use of all paper-based and electronic based systems for the monitoring of programmatic performance and monthly reporting.
- University degree/Advanced Diploma in Information Technology, Data Management, Social Sciences, Health Sciences, Epidemiology/Statistics or a related discipline.
- At least two years of work experience in program monitoring and/or field based monitoring and evaluation.
- IT skills preferred; familiarity with patient-level databases and national reporting systems preferred (IQCARE, Open MRS, and KEPMS).
- Excellent skills in training and mentoring other M&E personnel.
- Experience working with public health and HIV/AIDS data preferred.
Proficiency with computer applications, including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access.
- Ability to work under pressure and complete tasks according to agreed deadlines.
- Good organizational skills and ability to work in a diverse team as well as independently.
- Fluency in oral and written English and Swahili.
- Experience in data analysis and statistical packages such as SPSS, SAS, STATA, or Epi-info.
- Ability to travel as required.
How to apply: Those fulfilling the requirements of the position should submit their applications to: The Director, Walter Reed Project Mil-Mil PEPFAR Program, P.o Box 29893 – 00202, Nairobi before 28th February, 2013.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
162 total views, 1 today