19 Feb 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Microfinance Coordinator in Nairobi At APDK
Vacancy Announcement: Microfinance Coordinator
The Association for the Physically Disabled of Kenya (APDK) is a local NGO providing comprehensive rehabilitation services with the aim of empowering challenged persons.
The APDK Nairobi branch, seeks to fill the following vacancy of Microfinance Coordinator to professionally run the Microfinance program in Nairobi and its environs.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordination of Programme implementation with Introduction of performance indicators, success criteria, setting targets and milestones for effective program implementation.
- Consistently, access, analyze , loan application and applicants to recommend to the management qualified candidates for loan disbursement.
- Prepares narrative and statistical reports on outputs and outcomes, document case studies and correspondence regarding program status.
- Preparation of bank reconciliation reports and updating of all loans loan repayments and shares.
- Plan, Participate and facilitate trainings, supervision and provision of training reports to the target clients.
- Build and maintains relationships with referring departments, and with community, DPOs and groups to maximize the effectiveness of economic empowerment strategy.
- Consistently Implement all policies as per the APDK microfinance policy to all members.
- Performing any other duty assigned by the management by virtue of your position.
- Be a graduate with a degree in commerce, economics or education with at least 3 years experience or Diploma in Business Management or Microfinance, with similar experience.
- Accounts qualifications up to CPA 2 will be an added advantage
- 3-5 years experience in community based micro finance organization/s and community mobilization in the formation and effective running of micro finance groups.
- Computer literate especially in accounting, loan portfolio systems and Excel spreadsheets
- Ability to Work efficiently and with minimum supervision
- A total team player and innovative in problem solving at management level and community level.
- Ability and willingness to work long and odd hours in extremely poor neighborhoods and travel extensively.
Persons with physical challenges are encouraged to apply.
Applications should indicate the position applied for on the left hand side of the envelope.
All application should be forwarded in Hard copy together with a CV including current contacts of three references (one of who should be the immediate employer), copies of relevant certificates and testimonials and current and expected remuneration all to be submitted before 12.00 noon 25th February 2013 to:
The Recruitment Committee
The Recruitment Committee
APDK – Nairobi Branch
Westlands Waiyaki Way; Opposite Oil Libya
Box 46747, 00100 Nairobi
150 total views, 1 today