16 Feb 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Medical Science Liaison in Nairobi
Our client is a renowned international pharmaceutical organisation based in Nairobi and is currently seeking to fill the position of a Medical Science Liaison.
To build scientific partnerships with healthcare professionals and decision makers to build advocacy. Strategically prepare and support the development, launch and commercialization of drug products through education of Key opinion Leaders (KOL)/Key Stakeholders, education of the scientific community and KOLs, clinical trial support, and by the scientific exchange seeking external insight to shape the organisation’s commercial and development programs.
Key Opinion Leaders Management & Medical Support
- Contributes to mapping / profiling of KOL/decision makers in line with segmentation.
- Develop professional relationships, build advocacy and gain contributions of KOL /decision-makers.
- Provide and discuss scientific information and data to healthcare professionals to ensure quality and accuracy of medical and scientific information on new treatment options including the organisation’s products and selected areas of therapeutic interest.
- Liaise and provide up-to-date medical support to relevant external groups to facilitate listing of products in medical guidelines, formularies to impact pricing and health economic discussions.
- Provide speaker training to health care professionals to support the best use of new therapies developed and commercialized by the organisation.
Clinical Development Support
- Contribute to the identification of appropriate clinical investigators and facilitates placement into Organisation sponsored clinical trials.
- Support the investigational sites, as needed, as part of a cross-functional team with Clinical operations and the Medical Advisor and others as appropriate.
- Identify clinical investigators with research proposals that are consistent with the organisation’s product development strategies and facilitate the Investigator-Initiated Research.
- Protocol (IIRP) process including study completion, presentation, and publication, as appropriate.
- Support the investigators to comply with the IIRP process in accordance with the guidelines and NIPs, providing knowledge and guidance for legal and financial local regulations, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with colleagues to actively support medical and scientific meetings by collecting and interpreting insights /presentations/ results.
- Evaluate the impact of competitive information to share internally and externally as post-meeting deliverables.
- Provide medical support and training (i.e. disease state and product) to colleagues (e.g. sales reps, CRAs, etc.).
- Serve as a resource for projects and collaborate with internal colleagues as assigned by management
- Collaborate with Medical Advisors/TA Medical Teams and other cross-functional groups (i.e. Business Franchise Teams, Market Access).
Ethics and Compliance:
- Works within Ethics and Compliance policies and ensures those around him/her do the same
- Works to ensure a diverse and inclusive environment, free from all forms of discrimination and harassment
- Informs local Pharmacovigilance Operations and/or Medical Departments without delay of any adverse event information or new data on products which they receive
- Must be a Medical Doctor (MD with solid medical/technical background.
- Must have atleast three (3) years of clinical experience
- Must possess demonstrable competencies in influencing skills, clinical research insight, business and market knowledge.
- Must be fluent in English & Swahili
- Proven ability to develop and foster peer-to-peer, credible relationships in order to educate and negotiate KOL/decision makers.
- Working knowledge of the Healthcare System and of the research procedures as well as the ICH guidelines, GCP and other ethical guidelines relevant to the pharmaceutical industry.
- Thorough knowledge of clinical medicine, disease management, and medical research in therapeutic area of interest
- Ability to synthesize recent scientific information, analyze them within strategic and regulatory settings.
- Proven ability to use IT tools and interface effectively with a variety of technical platforms.
- Strong personal integrity and customer focus.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, negotiation and advanced presentation skills.
- Effectively contribute to work on multifunctional teams.
- Must be able to adapt, organize, prioritize, and work effectively in a constantly changing field-based environment.
Interested candidates should submit an application letter and include details of current salary and benefits package and an updated CV,
Closing date for receiving applications is 1st March, 2013
How to apply:
Send your Curriculum Vitae by email to: [email protected]
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
175 total views, 1 today