1 Oct 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Legal Officer In Kenya – Christian Health Association of Kenya
Christian Health Association of Kenya
Promoting access to quality health care
Position: Legal Officer
CHAK, a national faith based organization of the Protestant Churches’ health facilities and programs in Kenya, is seeking to recruit a Legal Officer to coordinate legal, advocacy and human rights services.
Reporting to the General Secretary, the incumbent will provide legal, advocacy and human rights promotion services to CHAK and member health facilities.
Specific responsibilities include;
- Provide technical support in the interpretation and application of the Constitution in Health
- Facilitate in the interpretation and sensitization on various statutes relevant to health
- Coordinate CHAK programmes in promoting legal & human rights for people affected by HIV
- Support in the promotion of health rights
- Facilitate various legal services for CHAK and review contractual documentation
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports to management, EXCO and Partners
- Facilitate capacity building for member health facilities on various statutory requirements
- Support the design and implement effective advocacy strategies
Needed skills and experience
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills, self-motivated, fairness and objectivity in problem-solving
- Good knowledge of Kenya Constitution and various statutes
- Knowledge in basic computer applications
- Interest and experience in dealing with human rights issues
- Experience in litigation of civil and criminal cases
- Must be willing to travel extensively within Kenya
Minimum Education and Professional requirement
- Applicants should have a minimum of graduate degree in Law (LLB) from a recognized university and a Diploma in Law from Kenya School of Law.
- Must be admitted to the Bar as an Advocate of the High Court.
- Should have a current practising Licence from LSK
- At least 3 years post admission relevant experience
Applications with detailed CV, names and contacts of three referees should be sent through e-mail or posted to:
The General Secretary
P.O. Box 30690 – 00100 GPO
Tel. (020)2660372 / 0733-334419 / 0722-203617
Closing date for receiving all applications is 7th October 2013
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
134 total views, 2 today