15 Feb 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Investment Analyst in Kenya – Financial Markets
Investment Analyst - Financial Markets- Nairobi, Kenya
Job #: 130240
Title: Investment Analyst – Financial Markets
Job Stream: Investment
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Closing Date: 03/03/2013
Background / General description:
IFC, the private sector arm of the World Bank Group, is the largest multilateral provider of financing for private enterprise in emerging markets.
IFC provides loans, equity, structured finance and risk management tools as well as advisory services to build the private sector in developing countries.
IFC invests in private sector projects that are financially and economically viable and have a substantial development impact.
The Corporation is headquartered in Washington, D.C.
It has three hubs in Sub-Saharan Africa (Johannesburg, Dakar, and Nairobi) and several field offices.
The Financial Markets Department, one of IFC’s several industry departments, supports projects in numerous financial subsectors, builds local financial institutions, develops local equity and debt markets and introduces new financing instruments.
The goal is to develop efficient financial systems that will fuel economic growth in client countries and enhance IFC’s developmental impact.
The Financial Markets Department is recruiting an investment analyst to join the Investment and Portfolio Team, which originates, manages and monitors IFC’s financial sector and private equity fund investments in Sub-Saharan Africa.
The analyst will report to the Financial Markets Manager, Sub-Saharan Africa.
Duties and Accountabilities:
The Investment analyst will work closely with Financial Markets investment officers, who are responsible for the design, negotiation, structuring and subsequent supervision of the Corporation’s investment projects.
He/She helps identify and appraise new investments and assist investment officers in monitoring and supervising the existing portfolio of investments.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participating in investment appraisals and negotiations; create financial models to support the investment analysis.
- Analyzing historical and projected financial statements; creating financial models.
- Monitoring existing investments in portfolio companies, comprising various types of financial entities and private equity funds.
- Conducting industry and market research, and assist in IFC’s business development efforts.
- Reviewing company information and preparing internal reports based on periodic financial statements, project progress reports, and other information submitted by clients.
- Maintaining and supporting client relationships to ensure responsive client service.
- University degree with specialization in finance, economics or business.
- Very strong analytical and problem solving skills; exposure to Excel based financial models.
- 2-5 years of relevant work experience with the financial sector, preferably in an investment related function and/or the private equity industry.
- Good understanding of the financial and operational characteristics of financial institutions and/or private equity funds.
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in multicultural teams and across boundaries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; understanding of French or Portuguese a plus.
The job holder will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
This position requires regional and international travel.
The typical age of an analyst is 22-28.
Women are encouraged to apply.
135 total views, 1 today