12 Feb 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Human Resource Manager In Kenya
Human Resource Manager
Reports to:Managing Director
Location: Head Office, Nairobi
Main Purpose of the Job
The Human Resources Manager guides and manages the overall provision of Human Resources services, policies, and programs.
The person works within general methods, procedures and exercises considerable independent judgment to select proper courses of action.
Field of Responsibilities
Field of Responsibilities
- Facilitate all personnel administration of employees from recruitment to separation.
- Ensure all employee information and personnel files are up-to-date.
- Issue out all necessary documentations for employee recruitment.
- Ensure leave entitlement plan is prepared and adhered to by HoBUs. Process and administrate all leave entitlements, off, data update and exploitation of the HR database.
- Manage Human Resource Information Systems– Time Management, Payroll, Daily Attendance Register and leave.
- Review and maintain Human Resource Information tracking system that captures key information pertaining to HR administration, records and data on HR communication.
- Guide management and employees on interpretation of HR policies and procedures.
- Co-ordinate meetings i.e. departmental, operations meeting, Management, Occupational Health and Safety or any other employee related meeting, talk or seminar.
- Co-ordinate all Occupational Safety and Health activities through monthly inspections and make recommendations (where necessary) to management.
- Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale and motivation.
- Monitors and advises managers and supervisors in the progressive discipline system of the company.
- Reviews, guides, and approves management recommendations for employment terminations.
- Develop the HR strategy for the Company through identification of initiatives to improve and maintain the optimal levels and quality of human resources.
- Develop, control and monitor the HR budget.
- Develop annual manpower plan for permanent, contract and casual employees to ensure the Company service levels are not disrupted.
- Prepare and make recommendations for the Company’s’ succession plan.
- Frequent on internal and on job training to ensure that they are competent to handle all the duties (capacity building).
- Oversees monitors and manages the work and ongoing development Human Resources staff.
- Selects and supervises Human Resources consultants, attorneys, and training specialists, and coordinates company use of insurance brokers, insurance carriers, pension administrators, and other outside sources.
- Conducts a continuing study of all Human Resources policies, programs, and practices to keep management informed of new developments.
- Participates in executive, management, and company staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Identifies and monitors the organization’s culture so that it supports the attainment of the company’s goals and promotes employee satisfaction.
- Keeps the GM and the executive team informed of significant problems that jeopardize the achievement of company goals and those that are not being addressed adequately at the line management level.
Training and Development
- Coordinates all Human Resources training programs, and assigns the authority / responsibility of Human Resources and managers within those programs.
- Provides necessary education and materials to managers and employees including workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, and standardized reports.
- Leads the implementation of the performance management system that includes performance appraisals.
- Assists managers with the selection and contracting of external training programs and consultants. Maintain an up-to-date database of training service providers.
- Assists with the development of and monitors the spending of the corporate training budget.
- Maintains employee training records.
- Budget, analyzing and identifying corporate, departmental and individual employee training needs.
- Advice and support management on corporate, departmental and individual employee development needs and opportunities.
- Provide employees with career development opportunities while in the employ of the company.
- Carry out post-training evaluations to assess the impact of training and development programmes.
Recruitment & Selection
- Establishes and leads the standard recruiting and hiring practices and procedures necessary to recruit and hire a superior workforce.
- Interviews management and executive position candidates; serves as part of the interview team for position finalists.
- Co-ordinate recruitment process and ensure adherence to the recruitment Policies, Rules and procedures.
- Advertise (internally and externally) vacant positions.
- Screen all applications in line with job specifications and the Company’s recruitment policy.
- Assist management with the interview selection process.
- Recommend the salary and benefits package to be offered to new employee
- Induct and orientate new employees.
- Monitors all pay practices and systems for effectiveness and cost containment.
- Offered, especially new benefits aimed at employee satisfaction and retention.
- Prepare annual and monthly payroll, advise the Finance Department on payroll changes and ensure the payroll is processed and paid promptly.
- Monitor and ensure that all statutory and benefits’ deductions and remittances are processed and submitted on time i.e. PAYE Withholding Payments, NSSF, NHIF, pension and other statutory returns
- Ensure Salary advances are paid and deducted as required.
- Monitor and check all allowances are paid as required.
- Ensure employee salaries are not overdrawn by over commitment on loans or advances.
- Perform any another duty that may be assigned by the management
Professional: Masters in Human Resource Management
Experience: Have worked in a similar position for at least 7 year
Other Skills: Training /Counseling
Other Skills: Training /Counseling
- Records are well maintained and kept
- Meetings/ training/ induction
- Staff adapting/ following COMPANY culture
- Internal staff promotions
- Recruitment/ handovers/ terminations done in order
- Strategy for HR
- HR budget met
- Fair appraisals and reviews
- Payroll/ leave/ allowances up to date
- Analysis of agents
- Quickness on response to staff
Note: Indicate the job title in your application
CVS to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com by 16th February 2013.
149 total views, 1 today