13 Aug 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For HORECA Sales Merchandiser in Kenya
Title: HORECA Sales Merchandiser
planning product ranges and preparing sales and stock plans in conjunction with buyers;
liaising with buyers, analysts, stores, suppliers and distributors;
working closely with visual display staff and department heads to decide how goods should be displayed to maximise customer interest and sales;
forecasting profits and sales, and optimising the sales volume and profitability of designated product areas;
planning budgets and presenting sales forecasts and figures for new ranges;
controlling stock levels based on forecasts for the season;
analysing every aspect of bestsellers and ensuring that bestsellers reach their full potential;
maintaining awareness of competitors’ performance;
monitoring slow sellers and taking action to reduce prices or set promotions as necessary;
gathering information on customers’ reactions to products;
analysing previous season’s sales and reporting on the current season’s lines;
making financial presentations to senior managers;
accompanying buyers on visits to manufacturers to appreciate production processes;
meeting with suppliers and managing the distribution of stock, by negotiating cost prices, ordering stock, agreeing timescales and delivery dates, and completing the necessary paperwork;
identifying production and supply difficulties and dealing with any problems or delays as they arise;
- Excellent problem solving and organization skills
- Self-motivated and flexible to work with negligible supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Tenacious work attitude.
- Should be able to work as a team member.
- Should have negotiation skills to deal with different kinds of customers.
- Able to meet deadlines along with working under pressure.
- Should be able to handle varied tasks.
- Flexible to work anytime.
- Willing to travel on frequent basis.
Qualifications & Skills
- BA Marketing
- Minimum 5-8 years relevant Sales & Marketing experience handling Food Service accounts specific to HORECA customers in the region.
- An established customer base and with an excellent rapport with key accounts.
- Excellent planning skills, especially with regards to Budgeting, Forecasting and Presentation.
- The position also requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills and existing commercial awareness of Kenyan FMCG market, with an emphasis on hotels, restaurants, catering businesses, and fast food chains
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to [email protected] before end of day 17 August 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
213 total views, 1 today