2 Jan 2013
Full-Time Vacancy For Head of Operation in Kenya
Reporting to: Chief Executive Officer
The job holder will be responsible for providing leadership in the provision of effective and efficient operations support across the DTM branch network as well as coordination the delivery of technology based solutions which enable and support all aspects of the DTM business strategy in a timely and cost effective manner.
Station: Based at the Head Office
- Reports to the Chief Executive Officer
- Liaises with the Head of Finance and Strategy, Head of Credit, Head of Technology, Head of Business Development, Head of Legal Services, Debt Recovery Manager, Branch Managers and Security Manager.
- Design and manage the process in which the DTM branch operations are carried out.
- Delivery of efficient and effective operational services across the branch network
- Effective management of the DTM’s service delivery channels to ensure effective turnaround times (ATM’s etc. )
- Establish functional policies and procedures for the DTM’s operations
- Provide and manage effective clearing services in accordance with the existing clearing house rules.
- Leverage on technology to ensure that end users maximize on the set policies and procedures to provide world class service delivery to all clients and stakeholders in a safe and reassured environment.
- Liaison between the operations and IT to ensure technological solutions fit business needs.
- Manage the risk arising from frauds and forgeries using the CBK guidelines.
- Supervise Plan and control cash operations in the DTM’s cash reserves and ensure all branches are served and risk in keeping idle cash is minimized.
- Reduce operating costs by ensuring efficient utilization of the bank assets
- Manage centralized shared services in the department
Key Performance Indicators
- Effective internal control systems and procedures.
- Compliance with the DTM’s policies and procedures
- Clear and well laid out operation strategies and plans.
- Timely and accurate (up to date)operation reports to guide management and board of directors in decision making
- Well informed and trained staff on operation procedures and compliance
- Carry out performance appraisals against agreed targets for the team while accurately assessing individual strengths, developmental needs and accurate feedback.
- Accountable for the team’s compliance to regulations and the DTM’s policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in, Commerce, Business or Finance related field, and a Masters Degree. Professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
- Computer skills, adept in use of MS word, Excel, Access, Powerpoint, e-mail, internet and intranet.
- From ten (10) years Microfinance/Banking experience with at least 7 years in Operations Management experience with proven result track record.
- Job skills: understand the Microfinance/Banking Act and Central Bank of Kenya (CBK) and Prudential guidelines; high levels of professionalism and professional development.
- Understand and implement operations processes of different operations products.
- An all round Banker.
- Demonstrate a high degree of sensitivity, confidentiality, and integrity when dealing with internal and external customers.
- Management and leadership ability: Have excellent interpersonal, organizing and people management skills.
- Personality: results oriented with excellent social skills and ability to interact across all levels of management. A forward planner with clear focus, mature, reliable, hardworking and able to work without supervision, ardent team player with a keen eye on detail.
- Honest with impeccable integrity, reliable, outgoing and hardworking.
- Strong analytical skills
All applicants must apply online to the email [email protected] closing date is 12th January 2013.
Canvassing will automatically disqualify the candidate.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
329 total views, 1 today