VSF Germany is an International NGO, providing humanitarian aid and development assistance to pastoralists and vulnerable communities in areas where livestock is of importance.
In the region, VSF Germany implements activities in Southern Sudan, Sudan, Kenya, Somalia, and Ethiopia.
With support in animal health, agriculture, marketing and food safety and also in developing the capacity of communities and governmental institutions or initiating peace and conflict resolution, we work towards food security and strengthened livelihoods of pastoralist communities.
We are looking for a qualified and competent person to take up the position of an Accounts & Administration Assistant.
The incumbent will be based in Burao, Somaliland, providing support to the Somali Pastoral Dairy Development Project (SPDDPII) in Somaliland.
· Provide financial, logistical and administrative support to projects
· Implement donor financial regulations in the management of funds at field level
· Manage the finance of projects and overall local procurement ensuring that donor and organization’s policies, procedures and systems are adhered to
· Manage the project petty cash by keeping records of all field financial transactions and submit monthly returns to the Somalia main office or regional office
· Prepare and manage cash flow projections
· Support the Project Manager and field staff in drafting budgets, preparing field documentation, and submission of field returns.
· Manage contracts with 3rd parties and supervise services rendered to projects
· Post transactions into the computerized accounting system (Navision)
· Supervise junior staff as appropriate if any.
Key qualifications and competencies:
· University Degree in Finance or Business studies and CPA 2 or its equivalent
· Proficiency in Office Computer packages (word, excel) and experience in specialized accounting software. Knowledge of Navision an added advantage
· 3 years minimum experience in finance and administration
· Experience in a humanitarian or other international NGO and understanding of international donor regulations especially EC is desirable
· Excellent communication and team work skills
· Good written and spoken English is essential
Interested and qualified candidates should submit an application letter and CV to:
postal address (VSF Germany, Ngong Road, Piedmont Plaza, 2nd Floor P. O. Box 25653, Nairobi, Kenya)
Also include 3 professional referees and daytime telephone contacts.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Closing date for receiving applications is 10th January 2013 at or before 12.00am mid night.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
745 total views, 2 today