4 Mar 2013
Full-Time Urgent Vacancies For Sales Representatives At Cemix Limited
No of subordinates:0
Volume Sales:200,000 sqm
Number of customers: 400 approx.
Product range: All Paving blocks, Kerbs, Channelsa, waterproofing chemicals, hollow pots, hollow blocks etc
Other Services: Fixing of paving blocks , road base preparation, repair of roads,
Context / Challenges
The job holder reports to the Sales Administrator. The job is based on site tui rd sales office and involves visits to (potential) customers anywhere within the country.
The company is relatively unknown it is up to the Sales Repreentative to maintain and expand the company’s market share.
There are about 20 players in the market.
The existence of an old and well known brand name poses difficulties in promoting the company brand
Most of the sites visited usually have construction work almost complete and safety risks are low.
The job holder interacts with the following:
- Architects, Engineers, Quantity surveyors and project planners – to influence them to specify our products in their projects.
- Contractors, developers, institutions, home builders – the direct buyers of our products, to influence them to buy our products.
- Local Authority Officials – They give approvals for any paving works done on public areas within their area of jurisdiction.
- Nominated subcontractors – who do the laying of paving blocks on sites on behalf of the company, to ensure they do according to customer specifications and company standards.
- Sales Administrator – to schedule deliveries to customers from our various depots
The job requires technical knowledge so as to effectively negotiate with professionals such as architects, engineers and quantity surveyors
Major Accountabilities and Activities
- Look for new business by visiting construction sites, consultants, engineer, developers and property owners to try to influence their decision to buy company products.
- Respond to enquiries from walk in customers, site contacts and from the quotations given and answer or clarify any issues the customers may have.
- Maintain a portfolio of existing and potential customers with the aim of reaching them easily for business
- Plan delivery schedule in liaison with other sales representatives, Sales Administrator and Logistics section in order to meet customer requirements in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Visit sites where fixing is in progress to ensure that quality standards are upheld.
- Participate in trade fairs to popularize company products and seek new markets.
- In line with company credit policy, follow up customers to ensure payment of all monies owed to the company before the sale
- Sell and invoice at least 200,000 square metres in the year
- Invoice correctly (zero errors) all the sales generated
- While implementing discount policy, make at least 20% gross profit margins on concrete products sales and 30% on laying services
- Maintain average debtors age at below 7 days
- Degree/diploma in civil engineering
- Diploma in marketing or similar will be an added advantage
- Concrete sales, concrete construction or related industry experience required.
- Must have strong understanding of revenue side of finance.
- Concrete quality controls a strong plus.
- Must have strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Understanding of aggregate and cement products lines is a strong plus.
- Must be willing to work long hours, walk through estates, construction sites
- Must be willing to keep constant communication with the office administrator on their progress
- Must be willing to submit daily customer visit reports as and when required by the admin.
- Team player
- Ability to maintain strong working relationships with peers and customers.
- Must have the ability to resolve complex problems.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- Persuasive with good oral communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and sell
How to apply
If you think you meet the above qualification or if you are willing to face the challenge, send your application and CV to email@example.com by 5th March 2013.
139 total views, 1 today