22 Aug 2013
Full-Time Unigroup Transporters Careers in Kenya – General Manager and Transport Officer
Transporters General Manager and Transport Officer Jobs in Kenya
Unigroup Transporters is a leading transport firm with its offices based in Mombasa. We are looking to fill the following positions;
Reporting to the Managing Director.
The General Manager will be responsible for maintaining smooth and efficient operations of the Organization.
The incumbent will also be responsible for ensuring excellent standards of trucking service of the vast Unigroup Transporters clientele.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Directing the activities of the organization to ensure achievement of respective sales targets and business plans;
- Ensure relationships of the company with key customers in order to further the company business interests;
- Optimally manage the company finances in order to sustain the operations while focusing at the interests of the investors in order to reap maximum return on investment;
- Prepare a long range strategic plan in marketing, business development and general operations of the organization;
- Manage and motivate the personnel in order to synergize their efforts towards the company’s targets and goals;
- Ensure proper fleet management to improve the utilization and availability of the fleet and reduce the downtime as well as reduce the maintenance costs;
- Prepare management reports such as proposed tariff increases or schedule;
- Develop budgets and monitor spending to ensure that expenses are consistent with approved budgets;
- Analyze expenditure and other financial information in order to develop plans, policies and budgets for increasing profits and improving services.
- Must be an MBA holder, or a Degree in a Management related field;
- Understanding of the transport and logistical industry;
- Minimum 5 years experience in the trucking business;
- Sound knowledge of shunting activities in Mombasa and its environs;
- Thorough knowledge of the East & Central Africa road network coupled with upto date understanding of cross border regulatory requirements;
- Outstanding time management skills;
- Demonstrate a proven track record in developing and driving business strategies.
Reporting to the General Manager.
The Transport Officer will be responsible for effectively running the transport unit and ensuring excellent and efficient standards of service are maintained at all times.
Key responsibilities include:-
- Participate in budget formulation process;
- Maintain and update vehicle inventory in liaison with the Workshop Manager to ensure seamless service delivery;
- Manage staff and ensure a high degree of motivation, efficiency and discipline;
- In liaison with the Workshop manager ensure vehicles are properly maintained;
- Prepare regular reports on each vehicles monthly yield, mileage, fuel consumption, repairs and maintenance thereof;
- Maintenance of the fleet management system and generation of reports;
- Follow-up proper reporting and documentation of accidents and claims and statutory requirements;
- Link between the company & the customers;
- Offer quality customer care service while continuously updating on cargo position & delivery time-lines.
- University degree from a recognized institution;
- Minimum 5 years working experience in a commercial environment of which 2 years should be in a similar position;
- Good customer care and coordinating skills;
- Proven leadership skills and mature thinking;
- Well developed communication skills, both written and verbal at all levels;
- Strong analytical skills, ability to make decisions and to solve problems;
- Ability to work long and odd hours and meet strict deadlines.
If you believe that you are the right candidate for this position, please email your application letter and updated CV to [email protected] to be received not later than Wednesday 28th August 2013.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
296 total views, 1 today