18 Feb 2013
Full-Time Transport and Logistics Manager Needed in Kenya
Job Title: Transport and Logistics Manager
Company Profile: Our Client is working in Farming, Agricultural supplies, Car parts and Accessories business activities.
Main role: This position will be responsible for managing the execution, direction, and coordination of all transportation matters within the organization.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries.
- Directing all transportation activities.
- Booking in deliveries and liaising with customers.
- Allocating and recording resources and movements on the transport planning system.
- Monitoring transport costs.
- Ensuring all partners in the supply chain are working effectively and efficiently to ensure smooth operations.
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices.
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements.
- Dealing with the effects of congestion.
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms.
- Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring an organization’s carbon footprint.
- In charge of the day-to-day operations of the transport department and getting the right products in the right quantities, to the right locations at the right time by tracking of delivery vehicles within compliance of all transport policies, legislation and procedures;
- Ensure transport fleet vehicles are properly maintained and serviced on time with good understanding of all relevant legal compliance and fleet controls with experience of Budgets and Financial controls
- The candidate MUST have a Diploma in Logistics
- Diploma in Mechanical engineering (Automotive) is an added advantage
- Strong communication and analytical skills.
- Have a minimum of 3 years experience in similar position
- Problem solving and prioritizing skills.
- Man management skills.
All Interested candidates should send their applications to [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
179 total views, 1 today