Full-Time Tierre des hommes Foundation Recruits Psychosocial Counsellor in Garissa
Reporting to: Child Protection Project Manager
Duty station: Modogashe, Garissa county
Contract duration: 10 months (with 3-month probation period)
- Implementation of case management activities including supervision and technical support to social workers.
- Capacity building & technical support to Department of Children’s Services.
- Training and awareness for various community groups in project sites.
- To provide psychological support to selected vulnerable children and their families.
- Train and support the Tdh team members to develop basic knowledge and behaviour to conduct child friendly interviews and to identify vulnerable children and family members to be referred for further psychological assessment.
- To train the Tdh team and other groups on psychosocial approaches.
- Minimum bachelor degree in psychology, Social studies, or community development
- Experience in case management is required and should be highlighted in CV.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience as child psychologist or in other relevant child focussed positions in an NGO
- Experience working in child protection and knowledge of the national CP system.
- Experience in engaging different government agencies & developing close working relationships
- Strong experience in working directly with the community.
- Project reporting and evaluation experience.
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili. Ability to communicate in Somali is a plus.
- Willingness to live at village level in main project sites.
Terre des hommes, P.O Box 13668 – 00800 Westlands, Nairobi, Kenya
Tdh Office in Modogashe/Garissa
They can also be emailed to [email protected]
Closing date for this position is 15th February 2013.
Tdh’s recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protect children’s rights, which includes the prevention of all forms of child abuse.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
167 total views, 1 today