Full-Time Syngenta Foundation Job – Crop Product Manager in Kenya
The Syngenta Foundation for Sustainable Agriculture’s Kilimo Salama Crop Insurance program seeks to fill the vacant position of Product Manager-Crop with self-driven, confident individuals.
Product Manager – Crop
Reporting to the Agricultural Technical Coordinator, the purpose of this role is to ensure overall project management & execution, product development, market research, key account management, development of project budget and involvement of internal and external customer development within, Kenya and expansion countries
- Analyse the regulatory framework under the Agricultural Insurance initiative and advise management accordingly for compliance.
- Carry out market surveys to analyse opportunities in the local and expansion markets.
- Draft feasibility study reports to justify the development of a product and business potential.
- Oversee marketing strategies and identification of new potential markets.
- Organize for collection and presentation of secondary agronomy data.
- Conduct a pilot to model the product prior to project implementation.
- Determine and develop appropriate product distribution channels.
- Negotiate various stakeholders and partnership agreements.
- Responsible for and management of key accounts across regions of operation.
- Receive and accompany experts and potential donors on field visits within the region.
- Represent Kilimo Salama in strategic meetings, conferences, forums and other public events and contribute towards consolidating and raising the profile of Kilimo Salama.
- Manage internal and external client relationships.
- Set, review and revise annual sales targets for the products and regions.
- Prepare product and regional annual budget.
- Budget monitoring, review and minimization of expenditure variances.
- Provide leadership support to the Field Coordinators and Field Officers staff and promote best practices.
- Assist in objective planning and perform regular performance reviews and appraisals.
- Provide Coaching and advice to staff when necessary and lead initiatives to develop staff capacity.
- Participate in regular meetings with the management team and all staff for the purpose of exchanging information, coordination and learning.
- University Degree in Agriculture, Agribusiness, Agricultural Economics, Project Management or a related subject.
- A qualification in a management course is an added advantage.
- Three to five years of previous Project management experience relating to agribusiness, insurance or agro-industries development or value chain management.
- Strong knowledge of micro insurance/insurance/microfinance.
- Ability to develop and work with simple financial models and project budgets while meeting objectives in low income and developing world setting(s).
- Knowledge of local economy and agricultural sector is desirable.
- Experience in developing and leading teams.
- Experience in client and stakeholder management.
- Ability to concurrently manage multiple programmes, in different phases.
If you would like to be considered please write in confidence before Friday 25th October 2013. Enclose your curriculum vitae containing an e-mail address, telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, and addresses of three referees and apply click here.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
201 total views, 1 today