Full-Time Survey Programmer Contractual Job At IPA Blaise
Deadline to Apply: February 28, 2013
Start Date: ASAP
Contract Duration:5 Months
Eligibility: Open to all Nationalities
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a U.S. non-profit organization dedicated to creating, evaluating, and replicating innovative solutions to poverty and policy problems worldwide.
IPA specializes in using randomized impact evaluation to assess the effectiveness of development programs.
IPA is seeking to contract an individual or company based in Nairobi who will be responsible for programming survey instruments using Blaise to support a health research project.
The survey tools are for the Africa Health Markets for Equity (AHME) Impact Evaluation, a research project that will collect data from small health facilities and households throughout Kenya in May – October 2013.
There will be 3 survey instruments collecting data on three topics from different sources:
The survey will be conducted on netbooks using Blaise. Successful completion of this contract may lead to other survey programming work with IPA. Scope of Work:
- Programming surveys in Blaise based on written specifications from project staff
- Designing and implementing testing protocols for surveys
- Supporting users of the surveys and survey applications
- Designing system to export collected data sets into format suitable for statistical analysis software in Stata
- Creating clear documentation on all programming outputs for a non-technical audience
- Passing a quality control check from an external reviewer from outside the project
- March – May: Survey programming and testing.
- June & August: On-going support as survey round 1 and 2 are implemented.
- 3+ years of experience developing enterprise class applications in major programming platforms e.g. Java, .NET
- Experience with database systems and SQL
- Excellent time and project management skills and ability to meet deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience with Blaise or other survey programming software such as Pendragron, ODK, or Survey be is highly preferred.
- Experience with survey logic, Computer Assisted Interviewing, designing tools for data collection, research or data management/analysis is preferred.
All files should be submitted in pdf.
Short listed candidates will be contacted to complete a sample exercise.
If you submit by email, please ensure that the subject line reads:“Blaise Survey Programmer” ,REF NO:AMHE-2013-02-01.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted for an interview. Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Disclaimer: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by the Blaise Survey Programmer.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
164 total views, 1 today