Full-Time Sourcing Manager – Kenyan E-Commerce Ventures
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Startup Partners Africa is an internet incubator focused on the African continent. We are building leading internet/e-commerce companies in Africa. Our two main properties are currently live in Nigeria:http://www.sunglasses.com.ng/ and http://www.glamour.com.ng/ .
We are now expanding to Kenya and are looking for superstar candidates with a passion for e-commerce to join is un shaping the future of Kenyan internet.
We are offering the chance to be part of a leading emerging market incubator in a fast-pace, expanding and fun start-up culture. With Startup Partners Africa all team members take active part in shaping the future of internet in Africa.
We are currently looking to add to our team the best candidates in the fields of Purchasing/Sourcing, Operations/Supply Chain/Logistics, Marketing, and Legal/HR/Finance.
Successful candidates are required to have an excellent educational back-ground, a high-level of analytical skills and a proven track record of execution and leadership.
–> Sourcing Manager
Located in Nairobi, Kenya / Kenyan E-Commerce Ventures
The successful candidate will have 4+ years of experience in the sourcing/purchasing/operations fields in the retail/e-commerce sectors. This experience will be accompanied by a strong knowledge of the Kenyan retail market, a clear fashion and lifestyle affinity, and a creative approach to problem-solving.
The Sourcing Manager will be responsible for the setting up and implimentation of the sourcing structure, for both existing and future Kenyan e-commerce ventures. He/she will play a key role in defining the product strategy, and in building a lean and cost-effective sourcing framework.
- Lead the setup and implimentation of a sourcing structure for a wide range of consumer products – across both existing and future Kenyan portfolio companies;
- Perform regular industry and competitor analysis in order to identify trends and subsequently recommend new possible produts and opportunities for growth;
- Develop metrics to analyse the performance of existing suppliers, by focusing on cost, quality, service and risk;
- Renegotiate, renew and discontinue supplier contracts;
- Research and analyse potential new suppliers at both a national and international scale, and lead the negotiation of contracts and agreements;
- Identify other possible cost and time saving opportunities in the supply chain;
- Ensure suppliers meet their assigned deadlines, and coordinate with the Logistics Manager to ensure inventory is readily available to meet set sales goals across the portfolio;
- Communite and work closely with other divisons – in particular Logistics and Customer Service – to ensure a lean, efficient and consistent supply chain;
–> To apply, send an e-mail with your CV and all applicable certificates to email@example.com. The subject line should be “Sourcing Manager – Kenya Office”.
131 total views, 1 today