Full-Time Senior Programme Asst (Nutrition) Vacancy in Kenya
Post Title: Senior Programme Assistant (Nutrition)
Vacancy Announcement No: VA-081/2012
Candidates who had applied earlier need not apply
Contract type: Service Contract
Post Grade: SC6
Duty Station: Hargeisa
Duration: One Year (Initial)
Closing Date: 1st October 2013
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for nutrition, livelihoods, relief and emergency school feeding, while also supporting humanitarian air and logistics services, food security coordination and infrastructure rehabilitation projects.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Head of Programme in the Hargeisa Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:-
• Organize project planning missions, meetings and briefing sessions;
• Evaluate proposals to ensure technical compliance with WFP/nutrition cluster guidelines and policies;
• Evaluate Cooperating Partners’ (CP) capacities for implementing nutrition interventions;
• Stay up to date with other agencies interventions in nutrition to ensure sound integration of WFP supported projects;
• Analyze and prepare projections for food commodities and non-food items;
• Participate in field assessment missions and design of data collection tools;
• Monitor, update and track data related to project issues;
• Monitor the receipt and non-receipt of commodities, and maintain the CP reports database;
• Evaluate, develop and recommend implementation procedures;
• Translation of training material;
• Assist in carrying out advocacy and information related tasks for project/programme activities;
• Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Secondary school education, preferably supplemented by courses in a field related to health and nutrition.
Experience: At least five years of progressively responsible work experience, of which at least one year was closely related to nutrition or health humanitarian emergencies. At least one year at G5 level or equivalent.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali.
Knowledge: Experience utilizing computers, including word processing, spreadsheet or other WFP software packages. Knowledge of nutrition statistical software package (EpiInfo, ENA, Anthro 2006) would be an added advantage.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
• Go to: http://i-recruitment.wfp.org/vacancies/13-0014561
• Step 1: Create your online CV.
• Step 2: Click on “Description” to read the position requirements and “Apply” to submit your application.
• NOTE: You must complete Step 2 in order for your application to be considered for this vacancy.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
201 total views, 1 today