11 Aug 2013
Full-Time Senior Plumber Needed At Lutheran World Federation Kenya
Lutheran World Federation Job – Senior Plumber
Lutheran World Federation / Department for World Service Kenya Program is seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the following position:
He/She will work under the supervision of Water Quality Technician.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To carry out plumbing works (e.g. repair of pipe bursts, pipe extensions, and replacement of leaking taps installation of tanks) as per the plans and standards set by LWF/DWS water sector to completion.
- To provide specifications of materials needed for plumbing work to the head of water sector or his designate.
- Prepare detailed BOQ’s of all plumbing related works.
- In consultation with the plumbing crew, participate in the procurement of the material and tools needed for all plumbing works.
- Responsible for the safe keeping of all plumbing tools and equipments.
- Responsible for the safe keeping of all the test pipes, sockets and air lines.
- Offer advice training and leadership to the plumbing team.
- Make all the necessary requisitions for materials and tools needed for plumbing works.
- Promptly report any loss or breakage of tools and equipment under his care to the supervisor.
- Ensuring that a good relationship is maintained between the plumbing team and the beneficiary communities.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports and promptly provide any other reports requested by the head of water sector or his designate.
- Maintain a clear record of all tools and equipments under his care or in use by the plumbing team.
- Participate in the plumbing works during installation of pumps and removal of pumps for repair.
- Any other duty assigned to by the head of water sector or his designate that relates to plumbing.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Minimum education form four
- Computer literate. i.e. MS office
- Craft part one certificate
- Minimum 3 years experience in a busy plumbing
- Valid driving licence class E,will be an added advantage
LWF/WS is an equal opportunity employer, irrespective of gender, race or religious affiliation.
Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
LWF/ WS is a signatory to the Code of Conduct for humanitarian agencies.
Our recruitment and selection procedures reflect the organization’s commitment to the prevention of abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries.
Applications and detailed CV must include email address and telephone contacts of 3 referees, one of whom must be your supervisor in your current/ former employment.
They should reach the undersigned by close of business on 23rd August 2013
P.O. Box 48 Kakuma,
Or e-mailed to: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
202 total views, 1 today