Full-Time Senior Logistics Manager – Kenyan E-Commerce Ventures
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
Startup Partners Africa is an internet incubator focused on the African continent. We are building leading internet/e-commerce companies in Africa. Our two most successful properties are currently live in Nigeria:http://www.sunglasses.com.ng/ and http://www.glamour.com.ng/ .
We are now expanding to Kenya and are looking for superstar candidates with a passion for e-commerce to join is un shaping the future of Kenyan internet.
We are offering the chance to be part of a leading emerging market incubator in a fast-pace, expanding and fun start-up culture. With Startup Partners Africa all team members take active part in shaping the future of internet in Africa.
We are currently looking to add to our team the best candidates in the fields of Purchasing/Sourcing, Operations/Supply Chain/Logistics, Marketing, and Legal/HR/Finance.
Successful candidates are required to have an excellent educational back-ground, a high-level of analytical skills and a proven track record of execution and leadership.
Senior Logistics Manager
Located in Nairobi, Kenya / Kenyan E-Commerce Ventures
The successful candidate will have 4 to 8 years of experience in the Kenyan logistics sector/preferably in e-commerce or a similar length of experience in the consulting sector with a track record of projects in the logistics and e-commerce sector.
The Senior Logistics Manager will have ultimate responsibility over the supply chain of the Kenyan e-commerce ventures – from outbound and inbound logistics to content production and customer service – for goods for sale on Kenyan e-commerce platforms. She/he will help build a team and divisions with specialized functions for the area and define and track KPIs for its employees.
Start date ASAP. Salary competitive.
- Quality and lead time optimization.
- Returns and rejections reduction.
- Managing content on website regarding delivery.
- Analyze best supply chain-based performance measurement systems.
- Scheduling Deliverables: Follow up on orders, statuses and keeping track of the organization’s inventory. This responsibility includes making sure that all parties are on schedule and, if not, compensating for the change.
- Producing reports, maintain metrics, process documentation, customer service logs, or training or safety records.
- Inventory: Controlling the organizations current inventory as well as anticipating the organization’s future needs.
- Negotiating with Carriers: coordinate with carriers for the shipping of goods, including understanding the carrier’s capabilities, negotiating the best rate and ensure carrier compliance with company policies or procedures for product transit or delivery
- Forecasting Obstacles: A good logistics manager will plan according to the best information available to him, but will always be prepared to adjust if conditions shift. Managers should therefore develop different contingency plans based on likely changes.
- Cost Cutting Efficiency: Logistics managers should always be on the lookout for opportunities for the organization to save money and increase efficiency through the use of different methods or services, such as cheaper carriers, transportation/routing modes.
- Monitor product import or export processes to ensure compliance with regulatory or legal requirements and resolve problems relating to them.
- Collaborate with other departments to integrate logistics with business systems or processes, such as customer sales, order management, accounting, or shipping.
- Ensure proper risk management at all stages of Logistics activities and plan/implement improvements to internal or external logistics systems or processes.
- Work hand in hand with the warehouse manager.
- Analyze the financial impact of proposed logistics changes, such as routing, shipping modes, product volumes or mixes, or carriers.
- Communicate with customers or suppliers to know recent developments in the fashion industry, to improve efficiency, speed, or quality of products.
To apply, send an e-mail with your CV and all applicable certificates to email@example.com. The subject line should be “Logistics Manager – Kenya Office”.
140 total views, 1 today