Full-Time Sector Manager Job Vacancy in Nairobi – CARE
Reporting to the Assistant Country Director – Programs, the incumbent will provide leadership and manage oversight in the implementation of projects aimed at improving the diversification of livelihoods.
Job Summary & Purpose:
- To provide leadership and manage oversight in the implementation of projects aimed at improving and diversification of livelihoods.
- To put into place the processes and procedures that will ensure communities are able to participate fully in all decision making on the programme which impacts on their future well-being.
- To contribute to the building the capacity of local partners to progressively take responsibility for the delivery of livelihood programs.
- Lead the development and implementation of innovative livelihoods programme through community based systems, addressing the needs of the most vulnerable members of society.
- Developing CARE Kenya’s contextual analysis of economic policy and livelihoods issues affecting the country and particularly the target group
- Develop a detailed livelihood strategy that aligns with the country strategy, and prepare high quality programme proposals for submission to potential donors.
- Work with ACD-P and other programme staff to improve to the quality and impact of livelihoods programmes.
- Manage the livelihood Program budget in accordance with set procedures, including use of proper monitoring tools by the projects
- Ensure that information and support for promotion of the programme are clearly disseminated to programme teams and where necessary the beneficiaries
- Work in close collaboration with the livelihood programme partners at national and where possible at field level and ensure that programme operation procedures and systems are well communicated
- Identify staff training needs and conduct appropriate project management related training to enhance management capacity and programme sustainability
- Ensure that robust and transparent monitoring and evaluation of the livelihood programme is regularly carried out.
- Contribute to the development of an effective and dynamic livelihoods team
- Spending Authority: : (KSh 800,000) Eight hundred thousand shillings only
- Supervision: Project Managers, Sector M&E Coordinator, Program Assistant
- Decision Making:
Work under the supervision of, in close collaboration to and with support from the Assistant Country Director.
- CD and ACD Programme
- Finance Manager
- Compliance & Internal Audit Manager
- Sector donors – desk officers
- Government line Ministries – up to PS level
Duty station: Nairobi, with up to 40% field travel
- Education: Strong business management qualification (masters in development field or social work) or proven long, relevant experience.
- Experience: At least 5 years in livelihoods development programming
- Certificates: N/A
- A broad grasp of socio – economic policy issues with respect to livelihood development in both rural and urban setting.
- Training/coaching skills
- The ability to coordinate effective team work and to work effectively within a team
- Strong conceptual and analytical skills
- The ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically and work effectively within a team
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess an understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and commitment to addressing inequalities in all the key areas of responsibility
- Demonstrate high levels of initiative.
- Flexibility in tasks undertaken
- Ability to work under pressure and deadlines
- Technical knowledge in WATSAN, Food Security, Social Protection, Gender issues, HIV/AIDS and Environment
- Extensive knowledge of participatory approaches
- Excellent writing skills
- Understanding of development/relief issues
- Diplomacy, tact and negotiating skills
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and action
- Needs to be a good negotiator, able to deal with Government, donors and other agencies
- Needs good strategic thinking and vision
- Strong financial/budget management skills required
If you feel you meet the requirements for this position, send your application indicating the reference number,title of the position along with an updated CV and telephone contacts of three professional referees to:
CARE is an equal opportunity employer and promotes gender equity. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
125 total views, 1 today