16 Feb 2013
Full-Time Sanergy: Warehouse Officer
Reporting to:Engineering Operations Manager
Sanergy is a social venture building a sustainable sanitation network throughout Nairobi’s slums by creating a network of local entrepreneurs who run small-scale sanitation centers.
We provide affordable, accessible and hygienic sanitation services sustainably by converting the waste into valuable by-products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse, in line with organization’s policies.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained at the warehouse.
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans for the required stock levels.
- Supervise the receipt of all arriving consignments.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored.
- Carry out regular physical warehouse checks of commodities and inventory
- Prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal
- Produce regular stock reports using the Computerized Inventory Management System.
- Supervise the kitting of Items in the warehouse.
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that appropriate issuance and consignment notes are complete.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- High school graduate. Further studies desirable, particularly logistics, business or computer related.
- Two (2) years of relevant professional work experience in related field.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand principles of data management.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur. Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- An excellent record keeper who keeps information up to date.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-organization.
- Must be a person with excellent interpersonal skills, unquestionable integrity, team player and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge in word and excel.
If you are interested and believe you possess the necessary skills and background, please submit your application to http://bit.ly/yifNW4
135 total views, 1 today