16 Feb 2013
Full-Time Sanergy: Warehouse Officer
Reporting to:Engineering Operations Manager
Sanergy is a social venture building a sustainable sanitation network throughout Nairobi’s slums by creating a network of local entrepreneurs who run small-scale sanitation centers.
We provide affordable, accessible and hygienic sanitation services sustainably by converting the waste into valuable by-products.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Responsible for the management of the warehouse, in line with organization’s policies.
- Ensure that accurate and complete accounting, reporting and internal control systems are functioning and that all relevant records are properly maintained.
- Ensure that standard systems are properly maintained at the warehouse.
- Assess the availability of space and prepare stacking/storage plans for the required stock levels.
- Supervise the receipt of all arriving consignments.
- Monitor the quantity and quality of commodities stored.
- Carry out regular physical warehouse checks of commodities and inventory
- Prepare all procedures and necessary steps for commodity disposal
- Produce regular stock reports using the Computerized Inventory Management System.
- Supervise the kitting of Items in the warehouse.
- Prepare loading plans and ensure that appropriate issuance and consignment notes are complete.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, skills and experience required
- High school graduate. Further studies desirable, particularly logistics, business or computer related.
- Two (2) years of relevant professional work experience in related field.
- Excellent mathematical skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to understand principles of data management.
- Ability to identify potential problems before they occur. Proactive in preparation and uses initiative in response.
- An excellent record keeper who keeps information up to date.
- Demonstrated capacity for self-organization.
- Must be a person with excellent interpersonal skills, unquestionable integrity, team player and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Computer literate with excellent working knowledge in word and excel.
If you are interested and believe you possess the necessary skills and background, please submit your application to http://bit.ly/yifNW4
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
170 total views, 1 today