2 Oct 2013
Full-Time Samaritan’s Purse Job For Director of Maintenance in Eldoret Kenya
Position Title: Director of Maintenance
Duty Station: Eldoret
Samaritan’s Purse is a nondenominational evangelical Christian organization providing spiritual and physical aid to hurting people around the world.
Since 1970, Samaritan’s Purse has helped meet needs of people who are victims of war, poverty, natural disasters, disease, and famine with the purpose of sharing God’s love through His Son, Jesus Christ.
We are seeking qualified applicants to fill the above position.
Perform the duties of a U.S. FAA Licensed Mechanic and Director of Maintenance for Samaritan’s Purse Mission Aviation Services (SP MAS) in Eldoret.
- Oversee and participate in the maintenance of all aircraft operated by SP MAS East Africa;
- Develop policies and procedures as they apply to SP MAS aircraft maintenance in accordance with the FAA FAR’s;
- Maintain all aircraft records per FAA standards and requirements;
- Maintain current and complete inspection data as required by the FAR’s and aircraft manufacturers;
- Oversee the logistics manager and the spare parts inventory to maintain stock at appropriate levels;
- Schedule inspections based on AAIP’s or manufacturer’s FAA approved inspection program for each airplane in cooperation with the Director of Operations and Program Director (PD);
- Work with the PD to hire national staff as required;
- Oversee “Line Service” team that washes and cleans the aircraft;
To perform this job successfully, an individual must maintain a personal relationship with and be a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, as well as able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education / Experience Needed
- Fifth year college or university program certificate; or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Five years’ experience maintaining Pratt & Whitney PT-6 powered, U. S. registered aircraft under U.S. FAR’s.
- Experience with worldwide aviation maintenance organizations involved in the maintenance of heavy aircraft.
- Supervisory experience in U.S. FAR Part 145 maintenance operations.
- Must have previous experience in management of an aviation related business or organization operating under the U.S. FAR’s.
Submission of Applications
Interested applicants should submit their C.V. only and an application letter to [email protected] to be received not later than 5th October, 2013.
Only email applications will be accepted.
The position title (as is on the advert) should be indicated on the subject line.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
164 total views, 1 today