17 Feb 2013
Full-Time Safaricom Limited Recruits Senior Tax Manager
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Manager – Tax
Reporting to Financial Controller, the successful candidate will ensure Tax planning, advocacy, reporting and compliance for all company products, processes and procedures.
Key responsibilities include;
- Ensure the review of tax exposure points on an ongoing basis to ensure the company is not exposed to penalties for non-compliance or misinterpretation of legislation;
- Organize an annual tax compliance health check of all Safaricom taxes to be overseen by independent tax consultants;
- Ensure that adequate preparations are made for annual statutory audit & other tax audits;
- With the relevant stakeholders, i.e. KRA and consultants proactively take measures to ensure that new legislation has minimal impact on Safaricom and where possible on Safaricom trading partners through structured lobbying efforts;
- Take active role on resolving tax related telecommunication industry matters;
- Identify tax incentives highlighted in the tax legislation and ensure that the company takes advantage through efficient processes;
- Ensure that returns are prepared and submitted to KRA in accordance with the timetable;
- To liaise closely with forecasting section to provide the best estimate tax figures for senior management usage including quarterly tax planning and forecastingreport;
- Ensure tax computation for the purposes of final audited accounts are prepared on time;
- Ensure that input from external tax consultants is kept to a minimum;
- Prepare monthly/annual tax schedules for financial reporting purposes and filing of annual returns and managing Group entities tax affairs
- In line with company cost saving strategy, co-ordinate the Inter-departmental tax savings group and review areas that would result in tax savings to the company.
- Review contracts, products and promotions to ensure no tax exposure
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills and competencies:
- B. Com Degree/ or any Business related degree
- Fully qualified Accountant with CPA (K)/ACCA/CIMA/ACA is a must
- 8 years’ experience with 4 years post qualification experience in finance preferably in revenue reporting/statutory reporting
- Experience in tax planning and proactive management of tax issues
- Ability to quickly implement new Tax legislation and correct advise of accounting implications;
- Hands on experience working with accounting Systems e.g. Sage, Oracle, SUN system, Hyperion etc
- Strong analytical skills and a keen attention to details;
- Self driven, results oriented and an ability to work without supervision
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and passion send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Friday the 22nd February 2013.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to: [email protected]
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
124 total views, 1 today