14 Feb 2013
Full-Time Safaricom Limited Recruits Senior Manager, M-Pesa Acquisition
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Senior Manager, M-Pesa Acquisition
Ref: FS_SMMA__FEB _2013
Reporting to the General Manager -Financial Services, role holder will be responsible for increasing M-PESA revenues by acquiring new customers and influencing usage from existing customers.
The role additionally deputizes the Head of Department in his/her absence to ensure business continuity.
The job holder’s key responsibilities will be to:
- Consistently develop sound strategic plans to identify untapped business opportunities for M-PESA. ;
- Diligently adhere and/or implement processes and tools necessary to deliver forecasted revenue, subscriber numbers and usage ratios;
- Carry out analysis of customer trends and develop products & activities that address the needs of all potential customers segments irrespective of language, location, age etc;
- Maximize research / data analysis conducted on M-PESA usage to identify trends on customer behavior;
- Working closely with the Strategic Marketing team, ensure that marketing activities cover & appeal to all potential customers irrespective of language, location, age etc.
- Key liaison for activities with key partners to deliver forecasted revenues and usage;
- Consistently identify M-PESA knowledge gaps among subscribers & develop customer education initiatives to address these gaps;
- Ensure the availability of up-to-date information at Retail Centers, Agent outlets & internet ;
- Reduce fraud related cases resulting from lack of knowledge by formulating strategies and activities geared at educating customers;
- Strategically position M-PESA globally therefore improving Safaricom’s competitive advantage ;
- Strengthen the M-PESA product by creating competitive business advantage in the increasingly competitive environment;
- Assess skills of staff within the team & design action plans & appropriate interventions to close the performance gaps;
- Supervise staff within the unit or wider M-PESA team as may be required by the GM and ensure skills development through on the job coaching to ensure improved performance within the team as evidenced through performance management process;
- Cascade & interpret to the team Company and divisional objectives set to enable them draw out individual objectives ;
- Communicate agreed performance standards and targets to the team & drive 100% completion of Objective setting for the team by the deadline as guided by HR;
- Drive 100% completion of team appraisal by the last day of review date as guided by HR;
- Arbitrate between conflicting parties and improve team cohesion & motivation;
- Drive 100% completion and 100% participation of the Satisfaction survey for the team by the last day as guided by HR;
- Management of M-PESA Budget incorporating continuous review of product resources to ensure allocated budget adjustments are aligned to customer driven projects;
- Quarterly review of product Profitability/Revenue stream status to identify deviation from forecast and implement measures to correct spend as per set targets;
- Achieve CDI score for the Division/M-PESA product;
- Take responsibility in driving a Customer-Centric Culture by Identify market research needs, brief the Safaricom research team on requirements & co-ordinate research activities;
- Liaise and follow through with Marketing, Technical and other departments in ensuring initiatives identified to improve Customer satisfaction are implemented as per agreed timeframes;
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills & competencies:
- Bachelors Degree in Sales or Marketing;
- At least 8 years hands on experience in brand marketing with at least 3 years in a managerial role ;
- Highly organized, conscientious and detail oriented;
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communications Skills;
- Presentation, Negotiation and Leadership Skills ;
- Planning & Organization Skills;
- Results and performance oriented, Proactive.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Wednesday, 20th February, 2013
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to [email protected]
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
179 total views, 1 today