22 Feb 2013
Full-Time Regional Solution Consultant Job At Safaricom Limited
Safaricom Limited is the leading mobile telecommunications company in Kenya.
We are at the forefront of the industry and always seek to attract and retain talented, creative and innovative team players who are excited by the opportunity of pushing the frontiers of this evolving technology, growing our services, exciting our customers and contributing to our community.
At Safaricom, we take pride in our talent and develop them to realize their maximum potential!
Regional Solution Consultant
Reporting to the Head of Delivery and Services, the job holder will contribute across the whole African region delivering our strategic goal to be a global leader in Telecommunication Solutions.
The job holder will also identify, define, validate and design tailored solutions and emerging solutions (solutions that are pre-BAU in nature).
The job holder will also support the Global Bid team and Account Team in the end-to-end engagement, proposal process, and will determine the assigned solution scope and design activities.
Key responsibilities will be;
- Engaging at C-Level with global blue-chip companies to identify and drive new multi-country opportunities through thought-leadership;
- Play a lead role in delivering successful end 2 end tailored and emerging multi-country solution proposals in an account and responsible for the end-to-end solution design;
- Develop and maintain cost models ROI’s and business cases for tailored and emerging solution proposals and ensures fit with the global P&L;
- Run customer workshops across African continent to gather detailed functional requirements and specifications and communicate these with the internal teams;
- Deliver customer presentations at multiple geographic and regional locations ensuring effective solutions proposals and communication of Vodafone Global Enterprise product portfolio, strategy, credentials and capabilities;
- Coordinate all internal and external global solution suppliers; advisor for all service work-streams;
- Work within the virtual Bid Management and relevant service function (e.g. Vendor and Lifecycle team to deliver a designed, planned and priced proposal for all in-scope solution aspects across Africa;
- Work with the Delivery Unit to ensure handover and readiness for implementation in
- Keep abreast of latest global and international technologies and capabilities to ensure world class solution delivery in multiple countries;
- Deal effectively with a rapidly changing and ambiguous environment, lead change and capability enhancement;
The ideal candidate should possess the following skills & competencies;
- Bachelor’s Degree;
- 5 years+ working within a multi-national blue-chip company;
- 5 years+ solution design and sales experience;
- Knowledge in Mobile and fixed data communication technologies
- Experience in Voice communication technologies Unified Communication solutions & Fixed Mobile Convergence experience;
- Experience in a telecoms business environment;
- Base skills in consultative selling and influencing; unlocking the opportunity based on customers’ business requirements;
- Financial Acumen (e.g. ROI model generation, understanding of CAPEX/OPEX trade-offs);
- Team player, strong influence and relationship management;
- A self-starter with a determination to succeed, balanced with appropriate tact and diplomacy;
- Strong communication and presentation skills;
- Decision making skills – ability to balance conflicting interests;
- Fluent in English.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and possess the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below.
The deadline for application is Thursday 28th February, 2013.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to email@example.com
119 total views, 2 today