13 Aug 2013
Full-Time Regional Programme Manager Job At Terre des Hommes, Nairobi
Terre des Hommes Netherlands is looking for a Regional Programme Manager with a starting date of September 15th, 2013 to be based in Nairobi.
Terre des Hommes Netherlands supports services for children in need through partner organisations.
Purpose of the function
The Regional Programme Manager (RPM) is responsible for providing management support and oversight to Terre des Hommes Netherlands (TdH NL) country programmes in Tanzania, Kenya, Uganda and Ethiopia in order to deliver effective change for children in our target areas.
- To analyse and to give input from a programme point of view on the regional strategy and to develop the regional strategy together with the management team.
- To subsequently develop the corresponding regional programme strategy for programme implementation
- To play a pivotal role in the development & implementation of regional fundraising strategies
- To ensure programme alignment with regional context analysis & the programme strategy.
- Management and Implementation of TdH programme portfolio in East Africa
- To lead, manage and guide the Country Managers in the East Africa Region and to ensure a high level of programme quality across TdH programme activities
- To ensure good strategies for programme implementation.
- To lead at regional level – and to provide technical feedback to Country Managers- the assessment of project partners proposals.
- To ensure implementation and execution of the programme strategy in each country in the region with use of appropriate tools for contracting, monitoring and evaluation.
- To develop the programme budget based on strategy and country programme needs.
- To ensure good partner networks and working relations at regional level.
- To engage in troubleshooting amongst partners or otherwise if necessary.
- To ensure good quality of annual reports and annual plans and analyse the outputs and outcome against the strategic direction.
- Programme development and financial management
- To provide technical support and advice to country offices regarding country context analysis, programme procedures, tools and project management.
- To identify approaches and partnerships that increase programme quality
- To provide technical advice to Country Managers on issues related to child rights based programming and best practice in child protection approaches
- To supervise and approve country operational budgets in line with the regional operational budget and in conjunction with the finance manager and regional director.
- To ensure that Country Managers effectively manage their country budgets in a cost effective and professional manner
- To support all phases of identification of funding opportunities relevant to the TdH work, grant application, contract signature and contract management with partner and donors.
- To provide fundraising advice to the regional office and the country offices on how to increase access to funding, including internal prioritisation of applications, analysing funding trends and TdH performance (tracking and analysis of evaluation grids).
- To directly support the development of high quality proposals, including: facilitation of project planning and proposal writing; co-ordination of the proposal writing process (including development of concept notes, budgets, full proposals and log-frames); proposal writing or proofreading/ challenging of applications.
- To develop tools and build capacity for TdH staff and partners on funding mechanisms, especially on how to apply to grants and how to approach institutions.
Representation / networking
- To keep abreast of programming trends and identify and exchange information with relevant representatives of organisations/ institutions. This can also be done in funding possibilities.
- To get an overview of the work of likeminded INGO’s and government bodies operating in the region; establish contacts and represent Terre des Hommes in INGO and government bodies that complement the work of Terre des Hommes Netherlands and/or partner organisations.
- To advocate for approaches and interventions that reduce child exploitation
HR & leadership
- To lead, manage and guide the country managers in an inspiring way and in line with the Terre des Hommes HRM policy.
- To promote the organisational values to TdH employees and lead by example.
- To create a conducive working environment and keep staff up to date on the organisational developments.
- To conduct performance appraisals of the country managers in line with Terre des Hommes HR policy.
- To consult the operations manager and ask for advice on HR issues, if necessary.
- Advise the regional director and facilitate cooperation within the Management Team
- As a member of the management team to advise the regional director
- To work together closely with the finance manager and the operations manager and constantly seek to improve the overall quality and effectiveness of TdH NL’s work in the East Africa Region.
- To perform other duties as relevant for the programmes department (e.g. to develop policies, provide strategic advice on programmes, provide feedback on annual plans or reports, contribute to other fundraising efforts).
- Be an active member of the Regional Management Team
- Occasional deputising for Regional Director
- Perform other tasks as requested by the RD
Knowledge and experience
- MA or equivalent in a relevant field
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in management and programme development,
- Knowledge of child focussed programming
- Widespread experience of managing funding contracts and working with Civil Society partners
- At least 5 years of medium /senior level management experience
- Knowledge of East Africa region is preferred
- Strong and proven proposal writing and fundraising skills
- Good financial management skills
- Experience of Institutional Capacity Building of Civil Society Organisations is welcomed
- Good representational and teambuilding skills
- Honest, reliable and a good work ethic
- Excellent writing and oral skills in English
- Knowledge of Dutch development and funding environment an advantage
How to apply:
Terre des Hommes Netherlands offers the selected candidate a competitive package entailing a monthly gross salary based on existing salary scales and secondary benefits.
Interested candidates are invited to send their motivational letter, resume, copies of certificates and three references by e-mail addressed to:
The Regional Director;
Terre des Hommes Netherlands
to: E-mail Address: [email protected]
The deadline for applications is 25th August 2013.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
327 total views, 1 today