14 Jan 2013
Freelance Regional Finance Manager Job At VSF Belgium
VSF Belgium is a recognized developmental International NGO founded in 1995 working with disadvantaged communities to increase their standards of living, improve food security and livelihood sustainability through improved animal health and animal production.
In East Africa, our programmes focus on community based animal health services, capacity building of local institutions and governments, conflict mitigation and sustainable natural resource management
Position Title: Regional Finance Manager
Duty Station: Nairobi, Kenya
Duration: 1 year, renewable
Provide efficient financial support and ensures effective financial policies, systems and procedures are in place and are in line with general VSFB policies, VSFB strategy, donor and legal requirements.
- In charge of reviewing and developing accounting policies and procedures to support the operations of VSFB in the East Africa Region
- In charge of the Region’s Financial management according to policies & procedures and generally accepted accounting standards
- Responsible for developing, updating and monitoring the performance of budgets for the Region
- In charge of periodical and annual Financial reports and accounts for the Regional Office and the field offices
- In charge of developing quarterly and annual forecasts, Controlling costs and monitoring the overall liquidity and cash flow position of the Regional Office and field offices
- Responsible for coordinating external audits
- Responsible for Capacity building both finance and programme staff in financial management
- Responsible for driving the Region’s Finance strategy to ensure a robust accounting system, an effective finance department and a well coordinated finance team
- Capitalize knowledge and share it within VSF-B
Essential or Minimum Requirements
- Masters degree in Management related field
- University degree in Bachelor of Commerce – Finance option
- Relevant accounting qualifications i.e. CPA (K) or ACCA equivalent
Knowledge and experience
- At least 5 years financial management experience in a busy office.
- At least 5 years of experience in a senior management position
- Experience in managing and coaching a team.
- Experience in developing and implementing systems
- Experience of working in other countries and with an NGO will be an added advantage
- Experience in the use of one or more accounting software packages and accounting in different currencies.
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations i.e. ECHO, USAID, EU
- Knowledge and experience with the International Accounting Standards (IAS)
- Excellent managerial, organizational and planning skills
- Strong numerical skills and accuracy.
- Good reporting skills
- Computer literacy with very good advanced MS Excel skills and Word
- Ability to work independently, under pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to prepare and present issues at all levels
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Attentive to detail and result oriented
- High integrity and initiative
- Identify him/herself with the mission, vision and values of VSF-B
- Display of intercultural sensitivity, respect in dealing with others
- Willingness to travel to the field and remote locations
Please send your application (reference “Regional Finance Manager”), CV and 3 references (one must be your current employer), by e-mail to [email protected] on or before 28th January 2013
This vacancy is open to male and female candidates.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
For more information: www.vsf-belgium.org
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
178 total views, 1 today