Full-Time Quality Assurance Assistant Job At Deepa Industries, Kenya
Required Skills and Qualifications
Minimum Degree / Diploma in Food Science and Technology
Excellent computer skills.
Knowledge of ISO Standards, HACCP, good manufacturing practices and new product development will be an added advantage.
Able to meet set deadlines and work long hours with minimal supervision.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Inspection of all the incoming materials to ensure that only materials that conform to the company specifications are accepted.
- Carrying out any required analysis on raw materials and finished products as per the laid down operational procedures.
- Monitoring of the set Critical Control Points and Operational Prerequisite Programmes (O-PRP) at the specified frequencies in the HACCP plans and O-PRP plans respectively, and reporting to the relevant authorities when the critical limits are exceeded. You are expected to do follow ups after corrective actions have been executed.
- Monitoring the entire process guided by the laid down standard operating procedures for process control, spices & herbs and /or Snacks.
- Ensuring that product non-conformities are controlled at all levels, and any non-conformity is properly documented and product isolated to prevent unintended use.
- Carrying out shelf life studies on the current products as per the laid down procedure.
- Actively participating in any research on new product development and improvement of the existing ones.
- Sensory evaluation of all products being packed to ensure quality and consistency.
- Ensuring that high hygiene standards are upheld in the production environment and the plant in general, by carrying out daily and weekly hygiene audits, and equipment are cleaned as per the laid down schedules.
- Ensuring that personnel in production areas adhere to the set hygiene rules at all times.
- Maintaining clean Quality Control records and properly filing them within 24 hours. You must make sure the records are completed and up to date before filing.
- Carrying out per-shipment inspections on goods being dispatched to the market.
- Undertaking any other assigned duties, when the circumstances at hand dictate so.
The Human Resources Manager
Deepa Industries Ltd
P.O. Box 44804 – 00100
285 total views, 1 today