2 Sep 2013
Full-Time Public Relations & Communications Officer Latest Job in Kenya
Kenya Jobs: Public Relations & Communications Officer
Our client, an international micro-finance company urgently seeks qualified candidates to fill the above position.
Main Purpose of the Job
To use all forms of media and communication to build, maintain and manage the reputation of the organization amongst all stakeholders and the public.
Responsible for the organization and coordination of all product promotional activities across the region.
Bachelor’s degree in business with a focus on Marketing / Public Relations
Professional Certification e.g. Chartered Institute of Marketers, will be an added advantage
Minimum Required Experience: 2 years experience in Marketing & Public Relations
- Highly innovative
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Self motivated
- Fluent in oral and written English & Kiswahili
- Structured thought process
- Excellent Teamwork/Collaboration ability
- Ability to initiate and adapt to change / Change Agent
- Proficient computer skills
- Excellent Planning & Organizing/Work Management Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
Key Performance Areas:
1. Public Relations
- Planning, developing and implementing regional public relations strategies, in line with the group strategy;
- Liaising with colleagues and key spokespeople to generate interest in the organization;
- Liaising with and responding to enquiries from media, individuals and other organizations, often via telephone and email;
- Evaluating public relations opportunities and risks and responding accordingly while involving other staff as necessary;
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media;
- Collating and analyzing media coverage;
- Responsible for the preparation of publicity brochures, handouts, direct mail leaflets, promotional videos, photographs, films and multimedia programmes;
- Devising and coordinating photo opportunities;
- Organizing events including press conferences, exhibitions, open days and press tours;
- Sourcing and managing speaking and sponsorship opportunities that enhance the organization’s image;
- Fostering community relations through events such as open days and through involvement in community initiatives;
- Responsible for the organization of road shows and other promotional activities together with the branches;
- Managing the public relations aspect of a potential crisis situation.
- Responsible for regular updating and management of the intranet;
- Liaises with Group IT and recommends and follows up on updates to the organization’s website where necessary;
- Liaises with representatives from each branch to provide relevant and newsworthy stories for posting on the intranet;
- Responsible for the management of internal and external communication to ensure it is in line with the message the organization would like to pass across;
- Streamlining the regional communications strategy to be in alignment with that of the group;
- Writing and editing in-house magazines, case studies, speeches, articles and industry updates / reports;
- To communicate key messages to defined target audiences in order to establish and maintain goodwill and understanding between the organization and the public.
If you meet the above minimum requirements, email your cv to;(Your must indicate your current salary on the cv)
Frank Management Consult Limited,
Nyaku House,1st Floor
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
376 total views, 1 today