Full-Time Public Affairs Assistant Needed in Nairobi – Country PAO
Job Title: Public Affairs Assistant
Grade/Level: Entry Level
Reporting to: PAO
Location: Nairobi – Head Office
The country PAO supports the CCO in preserving and enhancing the company’s image and reputation in the marketplace, and provides the businesses with strategic focused communications counsel in support of their growth objectives.
The functional areas typically covered by the PAO include media relations, corporate communications and community affairs including charitable grants and employee volunteering, and again this applies to all businesses in country.
The country PAO also plays a valuable control function as part of company’s regional and global PAO network, linking together the messages and activities in the 100+ countries where we operate and helping to escalate and address reputational issues.
The role of the country Public Affairs Officer (PAO) is a critical one and is franchise-wide, representing all businesses operating in the country whilst presenting a single and powerful voice for the company.
The Public Affairs Assistant therefore plays a critical support role to the PAO assisting in all aspects of the job and executing on projects as determined.
Key Areas of Focus:
- Corporate Communications
- Community Affairs/Charitable contributions
- Media relations
- Event Management
- Crisis Management
- Website Management
- At least 2 years work experience in marketing, public relations field – corporate or agency
- Experienced and exposure to areas of administration, media ….
- Good knowledge of business etiquette/corporate branding
- Good knowledge of creative design and website management
- Excellent written and Oral Communication
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and work well under deadline pressure.
- Ability to plan, coordinate and implement projects.
- Strong planning and organizing skills.
- Capability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment.
- Ability to interact with all levels of staff and management.
- People Management Skills – Tact, diplomacy and maturity.
- Strong PC Skills (word, excel, etc.)
- First degree in English/Mass Communication/Advertising/Journalism.
- Masters degree or professional qualification will be an advantage.
How to apply:
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications should be received by 1st March 2013. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
On the subject matter of the email please indicate the position you are applying for.
133 total views, 1 today