21 Mar 2013
Full-Time Project Manager Job Vacancy At World Vision, Kenya
World Vision Kenya (WVK) is a leading non-governmental Christian humanitarian, relief, development and advocacy organization with projects in most parts of Kenya.
We wish to urgently recruit highly innovative and experienced individual to fill the following position within our organization.
Project Manager – Maternal Child Health, Nutrition & Family Planning (MCHN & FP) to be based at Taita Taveta
- Provide effective, innovative and strategic coordinating role in the European Commission(EU) MCHN, FP project implementation
- Ensures collaborative roles and partnerships with other partners to include Government of Kenya line Ministries, St. Joseph FBO and International Medical Corps( IMC)
- Design appropriate strategies for achieving maximal impact in the county
- Develop and support effective linkages and collaborate with Key structures to include DHMT, Community health Strategy groups.
- Ensure compliance to EC regulations
- Representation with donor, Government of Kenya officials, private sector, and civil society groups, including all other stakeholders.
- Ensure timely and appropriate utilization of the budgeted project resources.
- Ensure that the grant achieves acceptable financial and operational audit results by implementing interventions in accordance with established norm and policies.
- Ensure timely quality reports
- Basic degree in Public health, Environmental health, Nursing Sciences, Nutrition, relevant social science degree or their equivalent.
- Minimum of 4 years working experience in Health, and/or Nutrition and/or HIV&AIDS projects at community level with bias to models in Maternal and Child health (IMCI, PD hearth ), Family planning knowledge.
- Experience with EC grant is an advantage
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Swahili
- Understating of key issues in MCH/FP and Nutrition
- Good computer skills in MS office (Excel, word, PowerPoint etc)
Project Officer – Health and Nutrition (to be based at Taita Taveta)
- Plan, implement, monitor and document MCHN &FP aimed at contributing to improved children wellbeing outcomes within Taita Taveta County
- In collaboration with the relevant line ministries and other implementing partners in the county, provide support in implementation of MCHN and FP interventions to ensure quality, effectiveness and timely implementation.
- Ensure that existing business processes, standards and guidelines related to MCHN &FP initiatives are effectively implemented.
- Design, appropriate strategies for contextual MNCH interventions including recommendation for improvements
- Collaborate with implementing partners, MoH, other organizations and community groups to initiate interventions that will contribute to improved health indicators amongst Children under 5 and women of reproductive age as guided by the project’s objectives.
- Nurture and sustain effective linkages and collaborate with Key structures to include DHMT and health thematic groups in the project’s implementation.
- Represent WVK and Participate in networking meetings/workshops/conferences with GoK and other stakeholders at the project area.
- Mobilize community for the uptake of maternal newborn and child health project interventions.
- Build the capacity of partners including CBOs, FBOs, CUs; CHCs, youth groups, women groups among others to enable them effectively intervene in the area of maternal newborn and child health.
- Participate in building IPA staff and community’s capacities in maternal newborn and child health.
- Basic degree in Public health, Environmental Health, Nursing Sciences, Nutrition, relevant social science degree or their equivalent.
- A minimum of 3 years working experience in Health, and/or Nutrition and/or HIV&AIDS projects at community level with bias to models in Maternal and Child health (IMCI, PD hearth), Understanding and experience in advocacy especially around maternal and child health
- Experience in health project interventions, disease prevention, advocacy and strong partnership with GoK ministries.
- Experience in Family Planning is an added advantage
All application letters and detailed CVs together with names of three referees should be addressed to The Director, People & Culture, Email: email@example.com to reach us not later than March 31, 2013.
Must indicate job title as the subject (Only short-listed candidates will be contacted).
World Vision is a child focused organization and upholds the rights and wellbeing of children.
Our recruitment and selection procedures include screening and background checking for child abuse offenses.
World Vision is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Our vision for every child, Life in all its fullness, Our prayer for every heart, The will to make it so.
367 total views, 2 today