Full-Time Project IT Manager Job Vacancy in Kenya – USAID
- The IT manager is responsible for ensuring the availability of necessary computer hardware and parts, diagnostic and repair equipment, and general maintenance supplies for field offices, coordinating as needed with the program’s Washington DC-based home office.
- He/she must recommend, design and implement anti-virus and information security strategies and assist staff in the use of software and protocol for project computers, as needed.
- The IT Manager will monitor network traffic and recommend necessary upgrades and/or system improvements to ensure both functionality and information security.
- He/she will troubleshoot and maintain internet connectivity, e-mail delivery, monitor bandwidth usage, and recommend upgrades when required. He/she will manage user permissions, software installation, CD-ROM and the usage of other IT resources.
- The IT Manager will respond to staff service calls and requests as a first line of technical support, gathering information to resolve problems and arranging for additional technical support (as needed) in coordination with the operations and finance manager. He/she will perform and maintain basic network functions, including daily backups, file restoration, and UPS operational checks.
- He/she will also troubleshoot printing and other IT-related problems, and arrange external support if needed.
- The IT Manager will assist staff with file conversion from other formats and other basic IT needs.
- He/she will provide guidance to staff and/or grantees in developing specifications for IT-related supplies or equipment that will be procured through project activities.
- The IT Manager will undertake other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualified applicants must include a cover letter highlighting relevant experience, a current Curriculum Vitae (CV), maximum 3 pages, and a list of three (3) references with contact information.
Please type the position for which you are applying in the subject line of the message.
120 total views, 1 today