16 Feb 2013
Full-Time Programs Officer Job At Impact Research and Development Organization in Kisumu
Impact Research and Development Organization (IRDO)is a registered Kenyan NGO with a main office in Kisumu and regional offices in Siaya, Kisumu, Migori, Homabay, Uasin-Gishu, Busia, Nyamira, West Pokot, and Nairobi counties of Kenya.
Its principal mandate is to design, implement and evaluate HIV/AIDS research and intervention programs that improve the health status of individuals and local communities.
We are looking for qualified and experienced personnel to fill in the following position.
Duty Station: Kisumu with frequent visits to field visits
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Job Summary: To be responsible for the day-to-day running of the project, correspondence, liaisons with external publics and authorities, on site supervision of personnel and project activities, and preparation of timely progress reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deputize the Programs Manager in overseeing IRDO programs/projects.
- Oversee coordination of various programs including meeting of targets, efficiency in performance, documentation of activities, transparency in financial disbursement, monitoring and evaluation, data management and general work ethics of staff and volunteers.
- Provide supervision or direction to assigned staff in planning, promoting, and implementing programs in accordance with IRDO’s policies and goals.
- Plan and conduct program site visits.
- Undertake monitoring and evaluation of project activities as specified in the protocols.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual progress reports as required by the organization
- Represent IRDO in meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Participate in the development of new concepts and proposals for fundraising.
- Bachelors degree in Social Sciences or related field. Masters degree in Public Health or Project Management an added advantage.
- Good understanding of public health issues particularly HIV/AIDS and/ or Malaria.
- At least 3 years experience coordinating HIV/AIDS prevention and/ or Malaria programs; including monitoring and evaluation preferably with an NGO.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Proof of professional writing is required.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office packages.
Submit applications indicating clearly your CV, copies of certificates and testimonials, names and telephone numbers of two professional referees, current and expected salary, to reach the undersigned not later than 28th February 2013.
Qualified females are highly encouraged to apply.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
The Human Resources Manager,
The Human Resources Manager,
Impact Research and Development Organization,
P. O. Box 9171 – 40141
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
- Field Officer position at Impact research organization
- ngo development jobs in kisumu migori and homabay
249 total views, 1 today