Full-Time Programme Officer Job At African Association for Public Admin & Management (AAPAM), Kenya
Among other functions, the Association conducts workshops, seminars and conferences, carries out applied research, offers advisory services and publishes journals, newsletters monographs and books.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Individuals for the Post of the Programme Officer.
Post: Programme Officer
An officer at this level will be responsible to the Secretary General for organizing AAPAM programmes, including Marketing and Public Relations work.
- To support the Secretary General in the development and implementation of policies and programmes of the Association.
- Initiate new Programmes to enhance the image and finances of AAPAM
- Initiating and managing training seminars and workshops
- Organizing and Managing Conferences
- Managing the production of AAPAM’s publications, such as journals, newsletters, research monographs and books;
- Creating awareness among the public through activities and programmes;
- To maintain positive and effective relations between AAPAM its National Chapters, members, partners, governments as well as related organizations and institutions.
- Prepare Reports of the activities and programmes of the Association.
- Marketing AAPAM products; and
- Any other duties that the Secretary General may determine.
For appointment to this grade, candidates must:-
- Have Post-Graduate qualification in the Social Sciences, Business Administration or related subjects from a recognized University.
- Have training, knowledge and experience in public sector management.
- Have capabilities for initiating and managing relevant public sector capacity building training seminars and workshops.
- Be able to supervise the activities and staff of the Programmes Unit.
- Have excellent oral and written communication skills and good interpersonal relations.
- Be proficient on the computer and excellent organization skills.
- Be proficient in report writing.
- Have broad knowledge of programs and projects work and initiative.
- Be self-driven, highly motivated, energetic and a team player; and
- Knowledge of French will be an added advantage.
Duration of Employment: An initial Contract of three (3) years. Other subsequent contracts by mutual agreement.
Candidates who meet the stated requirements should submit through e-mail applications together with their Curriculum Vitae and copies of Certificates to reach by 25th January 2013 to the following address:
The Secretary General
African Association for Public
Administration and Management (AAPAM)
UN Avenue Magnolia Close, Fuchsia 132, Gigiri
P.O. Box 48677, 00100 GPO,
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Enquiries on the post should be directed to the AAPAM Secretariat at the above address.
124 total views, 1 today