14 Mar 2013
Full-Time Programme Manager Job Vacancy At GVEP, Kenya
Programme Manager Energy
Job Ref. MN 5649
Our client GVEP International works to increase access to energy by supporting micro, small and medium energy enterprises to strengthen, expand and diversify their businesses, as well as develop energy projects.
This is primarily done through supporting those businesses with high quality technology, engineering, project management and business planning advice under donor funded programmes.
The role is to manage the Energy Small and Medium Enterprises (ESME) programme under the World Bank administered Russian fund.
The fund is for supporting Energy SMEs in Sub Sahara Africa to strengthen their capacity to provide energy services to poor communities in the SAA region.
- Managing the programme on a day to day basis to ensure that its deliverables are met on time in each of the five countries.
- Staff and Budget management: Ensuring that all staff, cooperating agencies, beneficiary SMEs and contracted parties implement their activities in line with the objectives and within the allocated budgets.
- Ensuring there is proper communication and coordination among Government agencies, donor organizations and beneficiary SMEs involved.
- Monitoring: Working with appointed M&E Coordinators to ensure the project progress is happening as planned.
- Reporting: Ensuring that all required reports, both technical and financial, are delivered on time as agreed with the donors and that the reports are of high quality.
- A strong first degree in the sciences with post graduate qualifications, preferably in business.
- 7 Years experience with international donor programmes, with a strong track-record of delivering programme results and compliance with grant agreements.
- Experience in the energy sector essential including project financing and investment, energy technology and the energy policy environment would be an advantage.
- Experience with investment funds and working with Financial Institutions.
- Experience working with Governments and Government agencies.
GVEP International is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or disability.
Email your application and detailed CV, names of three referees, their telephone contacts and email addresses.
Disclose your current or past gross monthly salary.
Send your application via email only so as to reach us by 12 Noon 23rd March 2013.
Send to: Executive Selection Division, Manpower Services (K) Ltd, Email: email@example.com.
199 total views, 1 today