9 Aug 2013
Full-Time Program Officer Job Vacancy At ICAP of Columbia University in Nairobi, Kenya
Program Officer Job At ICAP of Columbia University in Nairobi, Kenya
ICAP of Columbia University is working in partnership with the Ministry of Health to strengthen HIV Care and Treatment services at provincial and district health facilities.
This program is part of a US Government initiative against HIV in Kenya that receives funding from PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
Applications are invited for the following position:
Position: Program Officer, Communications
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Overall Job Function
To serve the Strategies and Partnerships Unit, for effective communication of ICAP programs, including designing, report writing, production and distribution of communication materials in Kenya.
- Develop, coordinate and maintain an effective social media presence for ICAP in Kenya in Kiswahili and English
- Write and produce high quality communication materials, including website content, and effectively communicate these to key audiences in English and Kiswahili;
- Edit materials (papers, briefs, power point presentations, etc) in English and Kiswahili and undertake full quality assurance to ensure that they conform to ICAP standards and will promote the image and objectives of the organization in Kenya
- Support units to develop and foster high quality standards and guidelines for ICAP communications across different media and formats;
- Ensure timely and effective dissemination of information from all ICAP departments.
- Support management in communication, and advocacy
- Organize events as required, with support from Capacity Building Advisor, including publication, launch events
- Review all Kiswahili translations to ensure fidelity with English and quality as well as compliance with the vision and values of ICAP
- Liaise and work with external suppliers and partners including, but not limited to designers, printers and production companies to ensure all print work for ICAP is quality
Education, skills and experience
- A university degree in communication including media and photography
- Experience in development and/or communications work with at least three years’ relevant working experience, specifically in communications, media and professional photography.
- Excellent writing and communication skills in Kiswahili and English
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Computer proficiency including web?based applications, flair for working with visual materials; a powerful creative eye; audio visual presentation design skills are desirable.
- Keen understanding of traditional media, social media and use of new technologies for communication
- Ability to be on top of issues and deliver quality on time
To apply for this position, please submit your CV (max 4 pages) telephone numbers of 3 referees (one who should be at least your current/previous supervisor), a cover letter explaining your interests/motivation to work for ICAP, and 2 samples of your written work in MS Word or PDF file to the HR and Administration Manager, ICAP [email protected] on or before 16th August 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Disclaimer: At Jobskenyan.com, we take necessary precaution to verify the authenticity of our job adverts, we also encourage our users to be more careful when dealing with third party sites or clients who advertise on our platform, we're in no way affiliated to any of the companies.
With thousands of Jobs posted on our platform Weekly, we are indeed No 1 for authentic Jobs but we can only do our best. Jobskenyan advises you to never pay any amount of money to any recruiter or agent for job aid. If it seems too good to be true, it probably is. BE CAREFUL!!!
531 total views, 2 today